Aisin Group Overview:
Based in Kariya City, Aichi, Japan, the Aisin Group is a $35 billion global, Tier One supplier of automotive components and systems with over 214 consolidated companies spanning over 20 countries and roughly 110,000 employees. As we like to say, "Chances are the car you drove to work this morning is equipped with an Aisin product!"
Summary:1st shift, Quality Control Team Leader II/Supervisor will assist the Assistant Manager and/or Manager in maintaining and improving the Company's capabilities.
- Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager in promoting section hoshin kanri activity
- Compile and maintain inspection records
- Responsible for updating/revising Appearance Inspection Instruction Sheets
- Monitor Inspection area
- Suggests and implements changes in condition or use of safety equipment to increase Team Member's efficiency
- Interfaces with other departments to communicate problems and develop problem solving techniques
- Perform related duties as needed
- Assist Team Leads to maintain discipline, morale, and harmonious relations among team members
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Will perform other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by the Supervisor or Management
- Supervise sub section's team members
- Assist manager in writing appraisal reviews
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with quality tools
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others
- Ability to interact well with coworkers
- Ability to understand, follow, and implement posted work rules and company procedures
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Must have strong computer knowledge with ability to use basic functions in Excel, Word, and Outlook
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years experience in Quality Control
- 2 years prior applicable experience or superior performance as an AEI Team Leader
Organizational (and outside) Relationships:
- Intradepartmental AEI co-workers and various outside vendors and customers
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Open staff room with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments, and sections. Must be able to effectively change tasks at a moment's notice when the situation requires
- Exposed to hazardous machinery and/or conditions that could result in injury up to and including a fatality if safety measures are not followed and adhered to
- Exposed to shop elements such as levels of dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, and solvents. Proper PPE will be provided.
- Primary environment – Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided. Required to drive company equipment.
- Available to work any shift including overtime, weekends, and holidays if necessary