Job Category: QA Tester
Location: Rockville, MD
Description: We are seeking QA Tester to join our technology delivery team. The primary focus of the QA Tester will be to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution. The QA Tester will also participate in the continuous development of the QA Team’s standard practices and procedures.
POSITION of TRUST/SUITABILITY REQUIREMENT:
Please be aware that this position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check.
- Plan, design, evaluate, and execute test cases and test plans for Functional, System, Regression, Browser Compatibility, and Section 508 Compliance testing.
- Work on projects that use Agile development models.
- Provide a high level of functionality, usability, and testability expertise during the requirements phase.
- Implement tests based on systems understanding and analysis of functional and systems specifications.
- Assist the development team in debugging and reproducing reported issues.
- Document test plans and test cases.
- Establish and maintain test data.
- Effectively balance work on multiple projects and teams simultaneously.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
- 5+ years in QA testing.
- 1+ years of experience with Selenium.
- Experience with JIRA and Rational.
- Experience testing software for Section 508 compliance.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with mobile web application and mobile Section 508 compliance testing a plus.
- Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Reports.
- Must be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced, on-time deliverable environment.
- Strong analytical skill and mindset, with research, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing.
- Very strong organization, multi-tasking, communication, time management, and documentation skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Level 5 security clearance.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
- Agile related certifications (e.g., CSM) highly desired
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please go to http://www.salientcrgt.com/careers/ to apply.
Salient CRGT (Salient) is a leading provider of information technology, engineering and intelligence analysis services to agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, and cyber domains.
Salient is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Salient prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Salient also participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about the E-Verify Program.
For more information on Salient CRGT please visit us at www.SalientCRGT.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- selenium: 1 year (Required)
- QA testing: 5 years (Required)
- section 508 compliance: 1 year (Required)