When what you Crave is a job that combines good, honest work with some of the most fun-loving people you’ll find anywhere, only White Castle hits the spot!
We’re America’s first fast-food hamburger chain – with nearly a century of service to a nation of Cravers. But we’re not satisfied with an impressive past. We’ve got our eye on an even tastier future, and we want you to be part of it! White Castle is always looking for passionate, customer-crazy people to join our teams, so apply to start your White Castle career today!
Time and again, White Castle has earned praise and recognition for our Best in Class people practices in the restaurant and hospitality industry—top-notch talent is what we Crave! So what is it that makes us so unstoppable? Our people take responsibility for their actions and attitudes. We recognize the value of our customers, both internal and external and we’re hungry to learn and grow. We often stop and smell the roses… er, Sliders…and find happiness in body, mind and spirit. Most importantly, we all give respect and earn it right back by the way we interact with each other.
The basic purpose of this position is to ensure that raw material, finished products, equipment, plant operations and quality of our product meet standards set by White Castle and the requirements set by USDA.
- Inspect and analyze raw materials and finished meat products using physical (organoleptic), chemical and microbiological methods.
- Conduct pre-operational and operational inspections of the plant equipment and facility, both interior and exterior.
- Determine blend/mixer sizes, collect samples and analyze for fat percentages.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization within the Quality Assurance laboratory and keep supplies readily available for production needs.
- Perform, maintain and distribute the daily and weekly reporting of information.
- Perform Plant and Shipping & Receiving inspections as required by HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Approximately 2 years of college with science related courses in chemistry and/ or biology; or 3 years of previous quality assurance experience in the food industry; or 1 year in the Quality Assurance Technician II position in a White Castle Meat Processing Plant. * Familiar with USDA regulations and directives, the meat plant’s HACCP, SSOP, GMP, and SSOP programs. * Good communication skills and the ability to work well with the USDA Inspectors are a must. * Knowledge of proper safety practices and procedures (SDS, Lockout/Tagout, etc.) and chemical handling. * Good math skills and computer knowledge is needed, Microsoft Excel preferred. * Adequate knowledge of safe lifting procedures, “lock out/tag out” procedures and proper safety procedures.