Recognized for more than 30 years of growth in visual data mining technologies, Salient delivers a lightning-speed solution that
empowers people and impacts business at all levels. As an industry leader, we attribute our success to our cutting-edge technology and
to the contributions of our dedicated, forward thinking employees.
We offer a fast-paced work environment focused on the professional development of all employees. As part of our generous
compensation package, Salient offers paid time off between Christmas and New Years. We foster open communication and are
committed to a team-oriented environment.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to test features and functionality of Salient software. This is a full-time position that will be
located in Horseheads, NY or remote home office.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- A.A.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field, preferred.
- One-year computer/software experience; business database knowledge; and software documentation experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of at least one of the principal Salient software programs.
- Create and execute tests for new features and functionality of Salient software.
- Design and create automated tests using Ranorex automation suite.
- Log defects using Jira bug tracking software. Provide sufficient documentation to enable the reproduction of defects.
- Retest and validate that defects have been corrected.
- Assist others with testing newly developed features or programs.
- Review manuals, on-line help and other documentation for content validity.
Preferred Skills or Knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Quality Assurance testing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Test case development
- System testing
Salient Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, military status, veteran status, age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics,
domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to
complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.