Quality and Acceptance Testing Technician
We are looking for an exceptional Quality & Acceptance Technician who will work in the calibration and weathering testing labs in Westlake, Ohio. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for final inspection and acceptance of all incoming materials and our manufactured product prior to shipment. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to perform multiple ongoing tasks.
Q-Lab Corporation is a global leader in providing material durability testing products. Since 1956, we have designed and manufactured laboratory test products such as weathering testers, light stability testers and corrosion testers. We maintain a global presence with manufacturing facilities in the US and sales and distribution facilities in England, Germany and China. Our world-class corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Westlake, Ohio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preform Acceptance Testing process approved by Product Engineer.
- Work form test procedures, specifications, mechanical and electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Prepare finished testers for startup and test.
- Finish any wiring or assembly necessary as well as complete final check.
- Calibrate Testers, assign serial numbers, and preprogram customer cycles.
- Inspect all incoming stock material, material in process and finished products.
- Document Non Conforming Events (NCE's) and assist in the investigation.
- Preform all first article inspections on new vendors.
- Preform all functional testing; wire harness continuity, circuit board functionality, Bubble Tower Heaters.
- Advanced mechanical and electrical skills.
- IPC Certification and WHMA 620 Preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to discriminate between different colors.
- Mechanically and electrically adept, with good manual dexterity
- Proficient with computer systems, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- A keen eye for visual inspections
- Excellent organization skills
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and not improvise.
- Energetic, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to reliably work independently
- Fun, fast-moving, and friendly work atmosphere.
- A big business footprint, but small business family culture.
- A proven track record of success.
- Excellent compensation package + bonus.
- Vacation, Paid Time Off and Holidays.
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription and Life.
- Top Workplaces Award Winner 2012, 2015-2020 (Cleveland, OH)
- Beautiful corporate headquarters located off I-90 in Westlake, Ohio.
Drug Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible