Did you graduate with a Bachelors in Human Services (or like degree) and want to start serving your community?! We have just the job for you! Our QIDP position monitors and directs the development, implementation, monitoring, and delivery of all individual services to ensure the optimum level of independence possible in the least restrictive setting for our individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities!
Here at Milestone we work day in and day out to ensure our individuals are well taken care of and get to experience life to the fullest. Our QIDP role is vital to ensuring we accomplish just this.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Human Resources at 815-639-2849.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reliable and prompt attendance as scheduled, demonstrating flexibility as necessary to meet individual and/or facility need.
- Functions as QIDP for assigned individuals, scheduling, coordinating, and conducting individual staffings to develop Individual Service Plans, recommending goals and objectives to the Interdisciplinary Team and writing Individual Service Plans as approved by the Team. Ensures timely submission of completed plan for distribution.
- Directs and monitors correct implementation of Individual Service Plans for assigned individuals including reviewing data on a regular basis, completing program revisions as necessary, completing monthly reviews, and preparing for/conducting quarterly review.
- Ensures the choices of the individual and guardian are clearly reflected in all aspects of the Service Plan and daily activities.
- Directs maintenance of individual records, ensuring correct and timely completion of all necessary reports, daily data, monthly summaries, and other individual records maintained in the home.
- In consultation with house Team Members and individuals, ensures opportunities for appropriate and therapeutic home-based and community activities are provided for all assigned individuals. Coordinates activities as necessary and continually seeks to develop new activities and resources.
- In consultation with Nursing Staff, compiles and summarizes data in preparation for psychiatric and psychological consultations. Participates in reviews and ensures timely and correct implementation of consultant recommendations.
- Acts as liaison with day placements regarding programmatic issues, meeting needs of individuals' served, and coordinating individual movement as necessary.
- In consultation with Social Workers, establishes and maintains effective communication with families/guardians, discussing and addressing individual need, and documenting contact in a timely fashion.
- Actively participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team in the evaluation and preparation for the admission and discharge of individuals.
- Actively participates in the implementation of individual training programs, monitoring and directing Team Member performance and providing timely feedback on implementation techniques.
- Directs and supervises work performance of Team Leaders, including performance evaluations, disciplinary action, and recommendations for promotion and/or transfer.
- Effectively demonstrates and instructs Team Leaders in procedures and techniques related to supervision and leadership. Provides direction and support to Team Leaders in orienting, training and monitoring Team Members in the home.
- Oversees scheduling of facility/home Team Members to ensure adequate coverage to meet individual and/or facility need, keeping overtime at a minimum, anticipates and plans for special circumstances and functions in full cooperation with all Milestone departments, including Personnel and day program.
- Schedules, conducts, and/or actively participates in regular home team meetings, demonstrating positive problem solving skills and promoting effective team functioning. Ensures completion and distribution of meeting minutes in a complete and timely fashion.
- Requests program funds and individual personal funds as needed, demonstrating responsible fiscal management and adhering to documentation policy and procedures established by the Accounting Department. Ensures that all necessary supplies are available in the home.
- Establishes and maintains effective inter- and intra- departmental communication, promoting effective team functioning, communication, and cooperation between professional and non-professional staff.
- Actively participates in IDT/Communication meeting to ensure coordination of all services and maintain a positive relationship with all departments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Illinois Department of Public Aid and Illinois Department of Public Health of Human Services and ensures the home is in compliance with all guidelines of authorized inspecting agencies. Reviews and acts upon inspection reports as directed.
- Actively promotes the maintenance of an exceptionally clean, safe, and pleasant living environment for both individuals and Team Members. Assists Maintenance Department and other personnel in the maintenance of a high quality living environment.
- Functions as member of the Leadership Team, promoting positive problem solving among leaders, nursing staff, and other personnel, maintaining acceptable standards of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Ensures all individual needs are recognized, met and documented, including clothing, personal hygiene, and personal possessions.
- In compliance with the Milestone, Inc. philosophy and policies regarding Human Rights, immediately intervenes on behalf of the individual served, and investigates and/or reports any questions or concerns to the appropriate personnel. Promptly investigates complaints of individuals served, staff concerns, and Human Rights Request for Interventions and provides timely adjudication and recommendations.
- Functions as "Supervisor on [email protected] on a rotating basis, adhering to established Policy and Procedures, and ensuring the safe functioning of the facility.
- Functions as "Administrator on Duty" on a rotating basis in compliance with policies and procedures and is required to work one weekend every seven weeks. Provides 24-hour availability when Administrator-on-Duty, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Actively promotes a good community and professional relationship, representing Milestone as necessary and/or directed.
- Reviews injury reports for assigned home, ensuring timely follow-up as necessary. Compiles, investigates, and analyzes injury report information as directed and/or as necessary for individual services.
- Participates as a Trainer in Habilitation Technician Training as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, behavior modification, client management, and active treatment. Includes participation in format revisions and follow-up training in the home.
- Actively participates in, and assists with, the development of the facility's policies and procedures related to individual care.
- Performs those other duties as required or assigned to ensure the safe and effective functioning of the facility.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Prefer minimum of one year's experience in the field, including experience in program development and writing.
- Prefer minimum of one year's experience in supervisory role.
- Bachelor's Degree and QDIP status preferred (in compliance with Federal ICF/DD guidelines).
- Must be approved to drive Milestone vehicles.
- Must be able to intervene physically in behavioral and health related crisis with individuals served.
- Must be able to promptly respond to any/all emergency situations.