Founded by Elwood Richard in 1968, NOW Foods has grown from a small, family operation to a highly-respected manufacturer of natural health products. Today, NOW Foods manufactures and distributes over 1,400 dietary supplements, natural foods, sports nutrition, and personal care products. NOW’s state of the art manufacturing facilities are GMP-certified, and our quality testing labs are among the best in the industry. The company has over 1,500 employees and its products are sold in more than 60 countries. The company remains family-owned and committed to its original mission: to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
NOW offers a competitive compensation structure and a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision plans from tier one companies, Paid Time Off, 401k match up to $6,500 per year, educational assistance and company-paid disability and life insurance. NOW employees also enjoy a wide array of unique benefits such as company-paid profit sharing, quarterly bonuses, employee discount, wellness program, company-paid Teladoc and Rx’nGo, and much more! Many of our benefits are 100% paid by NOW – this is why NOW Foods has been awarded as one of the “101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for” in Chicago ELEVEN years in a row, and on the National Level FIVE years in a row! NOW Foods also won EDAWN’s 2017 Leader in Sustainability-Large Award, and has been recognized as a Finalist for the 2018 Best Places to Work in Northern Nevada! NOW Foods also won EDAWN’s 2017 Leader in Sustainability-Large Award, and has been recognized as a Finalist for the 2018 Best Places to Work in Northern Nevada!
To learn more about NOW Foods, visit nowfoods.com , like us on Facebook at facebook.com/nowfoodsofficial , or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/NOWFoods or on Instagram at instagram.com/nowfoodsofficial.
Working the assigned shift, the QC Testing Coordinator coordinates the scheduling, assignment of testing, and review of Quality Control test results before release.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the testing program for incoming materials and in-house products and schedules and assigns required testing.
- Coordinates the flow of data from receipt to release.
- Communicates status of releases to QC and outside departments.
- Reviews test documentation and vendor COAs prior to QC release.
- Coordinates incoming test requests from marketing, sales, R&D, etc. and assists requestor in determining testing needed to meet the needs of the requestor.
- Reviews confirmed Out-of-Specification results from analytical lab and acts as liaison to purchasing and operations to bring situation to resolution.
- Writes/reviews Standard Operating Procedures to comply with 21 CFR Parts 110 and 111.
- Sends samples to contract labs. Identifies tests required at contract labs. Reviews and reports contract lab data. Initiates and coordinates investigations for contract lab data.
- Responsible for other aspects of the Quality Control program as assigned.
- Complies with all safety and GMP requirements.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
- Supports a culture of safe production and operations; follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Actively participates in the safety program by engaging in training activities to learn what constitutes a safety hazard; reporting safety concerns to the supervisor; submitting safety suggestions; and correcting or reporting to the appropriate people when an employee sees a workplace health or safety hazard, until it is resolved.
- Assists with communicating safety information to new employees.
- Fulfills responsibilities as outlined in the company safety management plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, at a minimum. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field, with a minimum of one year quality-related experience.
- Familiarity with general laboratory procedures, instrumentation, and strong computer skills are preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as product specifications, certificates of analysis and conformance, departmental instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
Ability to understand and apply math functions including percentages, averages, and probabilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Accuracy a must.
- Ability to learn quickly, operate independently, and to assume responsibility for new tasks is necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to investigate and solve problems.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and word processing software required.
- Familiarity with the Oracle Applications Suite 11i/Oracle Process Management module desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is frequently exposed to vapors and/or herbal aromas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.