QA Test Lead (Facets)
Location: Detroit, MI
- The Test Lead will be expected to work closely with their team (onshore & offshore), internal and external customers and test manager to ensure all aspects of testing, including System Integration Testing, End-to-End Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing, are covered per project requirements. The Test Lead will play integral part of growing and managing testing service, meet cost savings targets, Service Level Agreements.
- Develop and execute formal test strategy/plans, write and execute test cases/scripts, and validate results.
- Support and report on Managed Testing Services metrics. Collect and analyze testing metrics for assigned projects, provide suggestions for improvement areas.
- Support Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate and lead all phases of testing for assigned projects.
- Interact with stakeholders of the project including architects, business analysts, systems analysts, project managers, and business owners to determine testing needs.
- Work with the project team to successfully integrate testing into the project.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Communicate testing results and provide recommendations based on issues discovered.
- Track progress of your project; provide status updates and manage expectations of project stakeholders.
- Lead QA Analysts team and assign tasks for team members to ensure testing needs per assigned projects are met.
- Provide guidance and mentor, act as a point of escalation for QA Analysts in your team.
- Provide assistance for onboarding new staff including Knowledge Transfer process.
- Document and assist in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- You will work on 1 or more projects of various scope and complexity.
- You will be expected to provide technical leadership and support for IT team to ensure that the testing methodologies are adhered to, and high-quality products are delivered to meet business needs.
- You will work with Resource manager on resource planning and staffing to ensure you have the right people to support your assigned projects.
- Support automation initiatives for your assigned projects.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working on US Healthcare projects
- Minimum 5 years claims experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Extensive experience in software, system, application testing.
- Proven experience acting as a test lead.
- Proven track record of leading testing effort for multiple projects.
- Ability to convert requirements (Business, Functional and Technical) into test strategy/plan, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Experience in preparing and managing test schedule, resources with project development schedule. Experience in estimating testing effort.
- Strong skills required in communications, leadership, presentation to senior management, problem-solving, project management, team development and organization.
- Experience working with complex projects.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes while maintaining urgency in completing their own tasks.
- Acts as hands-on test analyst to supplement or replace test analysts in the team, as required.
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Understanding of testing lifecycle and testing automation.
Strongly Desired Skills/Experience:
- Health care knowledge in any or all of the major subject areas listed below:
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- ISTQB Foundation Level or equivalent certification.
- Experience developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization.
- NASCO or Facets, Care Advance experience a bonus.