At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre currently has a Purchasing Agent position available in our New Homes Division!
- Review Architectural, MEP & Structural plans for consistency of standards and options and compatibility with VM standards specifications and sales program
- Maintain specifications and standards files for each community and house type and update as needed
- Manage competitive bid process for communities and house types, track and file bids and communicate with trade partners as needed, review bids and maintain bid spread and budget files. Work with purchasing and construction team to review bid spread and determine trade partners for each community
- Manage bid process for custom options and coordinate with Architecture, Sales and Design Centre team
- Manage bid process for plan changes (redlines), document cost changes and report changes to Purchasing and Operations team.
- Coordinate with operations team to finalize option costs and retails for all plans and communities prior to community release to the sales team
- Work closely with Sales and Design Centre team to update and maintain Design Centre program product and pricing
- Proficient with Microsoft products suite, including and especially Excel
- Construction Experience with good knowledge of plans, homebuilding products, specifications and procedures
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Ability to work as a team and coordinate with other departments and disciplines
- Ability to take on complex projects and meet or exceed goals and dates for completion
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially in meetings and in writing
Van Metre Companies was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for the past four consecutive years by the Washington Post! We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2020 by the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on-site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company-paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium, and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top-quality homes, investment properties, and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism, and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and the management of apartment, retail, and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the "Van Metre" signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry-leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.