Position Title Purchasing Agent – Electrical Construction Industry – CA #5163
Location San Jose CA
GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Promote company’s Core Values, safety culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Responsible securing competitive negotiated pricing and recommending the best vendor partners. We strive to provide consistent, dependable purchasing practices to support our internal and external customers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare written inquiries for vendor supplied items.
- Utilize problem solving, supplier management, and negotiating skills.
- Negotiate delivery and payment terms, as well as change orders.
- Expedite deliveries and conduct follow-up procedures as necessary.
- Coordinate invoice issues with vendor and accounting.
- Perform competitive supplier selections, reviews, proposals and process competitive bids routinely.
- Establish/maintain working contact with vendors. Meet with sales and vendor representatives as required. Provide vendor performance reviews with metrics that the vendor partner can use for improved performance.
- Process requisitions, place purchase orders and oversee delivery of goods and services to meet predetermined project due dates
- Assist in executing sourcing strategies, prepare and organize data for presentation and decision making
- Manage Tool Equipment inventory and tracking.
- Review with VP requisitions for added equipment, tools within limits of Support Center budget.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Two year technical or business degree or equivalent combination of education and procurement experience. Requires a minimum of four years construction purchasing experience – preferably electrical industry experience. Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, accounting policies and business procedures. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Two year technical or business degree or equivalent combination of education and procurement experience.
2. 4+ years of construction purchasing experience – preferably electrical industry.
3. Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, accounting policies and business procedures.
4. Must be local.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)