The Senior Sales Executive for UnitedHealth Care Public Sector is responsible for broker / consultant and direct sales to public sector customers (state governments, municipalities, school districts, public funded hospitals and higher education and tribal nations). The principle focus is the sale of new business to sophisticated customers with an emphasis on fully insured and self-funded ASO business, and an indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts. This is a high level individual contributor sales role tasked with new business procurement in Public Sector.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the MN, SD, ND area as you take on some tough challenges.
- New Business Sales:
- Identifies potential healthcare business customers in the Public Sector
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attains targeted sales goals for segment, region and health plan
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- May lead cross functional team to achieve positive sales results. Identifies opportunities for ancillary / Enterprise products on all new sales
- Develops and maintains strong broker / consultant relationships
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships
- Understands customer and broker / consultant needs and provide value-added consultation
- Identifies key brokers / consultants for management development
- Presents a positive image of UnitedHealth Group in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organizations
- Mentors sales executives, strategic account execs and account management staff where appropriate
- Maintains current knowledge of all UnitedHealth Care products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Effectively communicates UnitedHealth Group / UnitedHealth Care strategies and mission to the marketplace
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proven track record of obtaining and exceeding sales goals
- Experience building and maintaining positive, constructive working relationships with senior level executives both internally and externally
- 7 years of experience managing the sales process for a full range of Public Sector products to include Medical and Ancillary
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.