Qualifications and Skills include:
· Must have completed and is certified through the Department of Criminal Justice Training Basic Tele Communications Course in Richmond, KY or approved transferable out of state certifications. Additional testing maybe required.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
· Ability to pass an extensive background check to include a suitability screening test, polygraph, and drug screening if needed and free of any felony convictions.
· Must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm required.
· NCIC certified and other mandatory certifications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Knowledge of computer operations sufficient to enter and retrieve data.
· Effectively prioritize situations and make good decisions based on information that has been received.
· Able to multitask and communicate information from several sources to ensure calls for service are being dispatched and handled in a timely manner.
· Work under pressure and during stressful situations.
· Ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and over time if needed.
· Ability to hear and understand multiple sound sources.
· Maintain a respectful working relationship with co-workers and the public.
· Handle records to include background checks, reports and any basic public needs.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Certified by DOCJT Basic Tele Course
· Valid driver’s licenses
****Although looking for certified, if you have experience in this field or qualifications, please submit resume.
Receives and dispatches all emergency calls requesting police, fire, medical or other emergency services.
-Operate a variety of communications equipment to include radio consoles, office equipment, telephones, government databases and computer systems.
-Receives request for police reports, background checks, warrants and other pertinent information from officers and other government agencies to maintain public safety.
-Making sure all correct information is entered into the CAD concurrently dealing with any action taken or information received from all sources relative to police department and personnel.
-Receive and forward information for O.G.P.D. relating to important dates for court, information for business matters dealing with our department, and any other matters important related to the office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.54 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Mask requirements upon entry into the building.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place