Main aim of job
Sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines for experimental purposes; and assembles, tests, and modifies prototype or custom electronic parts, systems, and apparatus to develop assembly methods and techniques for use by production workers by performing the following duties.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Consults with engineer and other personnel regarding product information such as design, capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product.
- Analyzes written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations.
- Selects metal stock and lays out design according to dimensions computed from scale drawings.
- Designs fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Sets up and operates metalworking machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of parts to specifications.
- Tests experimental models under simulated operating conditions for such purposes as development, standardization, and feasibility of design.
- Installs parts and materials such as sheet metal covering, hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
- Evaluates experimental procedures and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Establishes work procedures for fabricating new structural products.
- Fabricates molds and power press dies to produce plastic parts and stamp metal part
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $19.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Prototyping: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1 year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous