Property Risk Engineering Field Consultant
Friday, February 5, 2021
- Perform risk engineering site inspections of existing policyholders with increased complexity.
- Generate technical property risk engineering reports designed to identify property risk engineering exposures and recommend appropriate controls to minimize the frequency and magnitude of potential losses.
- Collaborate with Risk Analysts to assist insureds in solving/resolving identified property risk engineering deficiencies.
- Occasionally partner with the Technical/Project Specialist on various projects and initiatives within the loss control department to further develop technical knowledge of the processes and controls specific to the operations conducted at insured locations.
- Partner periodically with more experienced Risk Engineering Field Consultants/mentors as part of continued development to build skills in report generation and performing audits/managing accounts of increasing complexity.
- Begins to coordinate with internal and external resources on moderately-complex risks.
Estimated time allocation (subject to change):
- Conduct property risk engineering field inspections of existing and prospective policyholders including consulting with customers regarding solutions to identified property risk engineering exposures/deficiencies; Workload may fluctuate based on territory and/or experience level. (50%)
- Generate technical property risk engineering reports and other related documents in conjunction with the field inspections carried out as outlined in the first bullet item. (45%)
- Provide input and contributing in the completion of various risk engineering related projects. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
- Generally, 4-8 years in technical and/or engineering related experience.
- Good understanding of NFPA Codes and Standards or equivalent (Factory Mutual Guidelines)
- Strong technical/analytical skills, computer skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong operational understanding of Risk Engineering core competencies
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly to change, identify, analyze, and solve problems and a willingness to consider new and different ways of thinking.
- Ability to use a personal computer, handheld devices and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods (75-90%, as appropriate)
- Able to work in a fast paced or stressful environment
- Able to work extended hours during peak periods
- Able to work cooperatively
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.