The Property Planner/Scheduler provides support for all UCSC Facility and Maintenance tasks. The Property Planner/Scheduler will be the primary administrator of and provide support for the work order system for the entire campus and various facility and maintenance tasks, objectives and action items. This position will update databases, review invoices, answer phones, and perform support tasks for the property maintenance department.
The Property Planner/Scheduler has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with service contractors, tenants, and vendors. This position has access to sensitive UCSC information and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has regular contact with members of the community and is expected to represent the UCSC in a professional manner. The Property Planner/Scheduler will work closely with other UCSC business areas and provide administrative for the RPI organization.
The Property Planner/Scheduler will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and participate in department activities as necessary.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinating the preventative maintenance scheduling of the workorder system and outside contractor repair work and maintain corresponding documentation
- Track and code purchase order invoices for maintenance team
- Draft and send tenant correspondence related to billable items/quotes
- Email tenants with explanation for rejected work orders and provide contractor recommendations whenever possible
- Investigate work order status when requested by tenants
- Maintain CMMS (Building Engines) work order system, work with building engineers on proposals, and maintain site building library
- Create and assign work orders to multiple technicians, subcontractors and vendors
- Provide reports on open and closed work orders and checks status with the appropriate technician or vendor
- Ensure any repair items found during inspection are followed up with repairs completed
- Enter, assign all maintenance work orders, and dispatch emergency maintenance related work orders to appropriate engineer
- If billable, communicate with the tenants for approval as well as coordination with engineers for quotes
- Review and close Billable work orders upon completion by Engineer
- Administer and manage and the Contractor Request Forms (CRF) process
- Maintain radios for maintenance, security, and housekeeping
- Maintain radio ID tracking sheet
- Coordinate repairs for radios
- Update and maintain tenant contact information
- Other duties may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have 2+ years of CMMS system and property administration experience. A high school diploma is required and a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business is preferred.
The Science Center offers a comprehensive employee benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance and 403(b) with a significant company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, University City Science Center 3675 Market Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104 or email.
About the Science Center
Located in the heart of uCity Square, the Science Center is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that catalyzes and connects innovation to entrepreneurship and technology commercialization. For 50+ years, the Science Center has supported startups, research, and economic development in the life sciences, healthcare, physical sciences, and emerging technology sectors. As a result, graduate firms and current residents of the Science Center’s incubator support one out of every 100 jobs in the Greater Philadelphia region and drive $13 billion in economic activity in the region annually. By providing resources and programming for any stage of a business’s lifecycle, the Science Center helps scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators take their concepts from idea to IPO – and beyond.
For more information about the Science Center, go to www.sciencecenter.org
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off