We seek a Project Manager to work in a leadership role on a program management team at DC Water, in the planning and design of complex and innovative combined sewer, stormwater, wastewater conveyance, and wastewater treatment projects. The successful candidate for this position will work in a team environment helping with program management, developing engineering studies, conceptual designs, construction plans and specifications, as well as providing support during construction. He/she will have responsibility to lead multidisciplinary project teams, and will have direct accountability to client leadership staff.
- Provide Program Management Services including CIP planning, budgeting, scheduling, project bundling and prioritization, managing project delivery, overseeing and coordinating multiple consultants and contractors to execute the work, overseeing data management, providing technical advisory services and staff augmentation for large water and wastewater programs.
- Provide engineering design and consulting for complex assignments, including hydraulic and hydrologic calculations, utility plans, technical specifications, preliminary and final designs, bid assistance and office services during construction, infrastructure condition assessment and rehabilitation and cost estimating for pump stations, pipelines, treatment plants, and stormwater systems.
- Review of engineering designs, bid packages, RFPs, and Statements of Work prepared by others, as part of a program management role in support of the client’s Capital Improvement Plan implementation.
- Manage multiple technical assignments simultaneously to participate and lead teams to complete assignments to the client’s satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining schedule and budget.
- Mentor Greeley and Hansen staff and provide career guidance and supporting their growth while following our core values
- Provide peer mentor ship for staff from our clients and other consultants working on same program.
- Presentation of project deliverables to clients.
- Education: B.S. degree in Civil or Environmental is required. M.S. degree preferred.
- Experience: 10-15 years of experience in water and wastewater engineering consulting performing program management, planning, studies, design and construction services for municipal clients. Program management experience must include CIP planning, budgeting, and scheduling; overseeing project delivery by managing multiple consultants and contractors to execute the work; providing technical advisory services and staff augmentation for large water and wastewater programs.
- Certifications, Licenses: Professional Engineering license is required.
- Experience in managing large water and wastewater programs.
- Experience in the preparation of contract documents for water and sewer.
- Experience in the study and design of combined sewers.
- Familiarity with asset management concepts, including asset inventory, condition assessment, risk-based project prioritization, and capital improvement planning.
- Experience working with hydraulic models and GIS databases.
- Experience working on a team with other engineers.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.