Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Contractor (1099)
Hours: Part time (average 10-15 hours/week, varying week-to-week)
engagedIN is a fast-growing neuroscience-based digital health company that serves our users by helping them create healthy habits. Our culture at engagedIN is purpose-driven, innovative, creative and caring. We strive to be at the top of our field and embody the compassion and mindfulness that we promote.
engagedIN uses unique combination of science, technology and design to develop a mobile product (Fresh TriTM) aimed at helping people build and sustain healthy habits. Our design combines habit practice and mindset training along with a backend system algorithm to analyze behavioral patterns and help users find what behaviors work best for them right now.
How We Work
engagedIN is primarily a remote team with headquarters on a 170-acre retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains in California. We gather there approximately monthly. In our culture of unconditional love, healing, and empowerment, we measure our success by how much we serve and support our teammates. We measure our impact by how we can scale improvements in the lives of those we serve.
The Work To Be Done
This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and focus on managing engagedIN’s CDC contract that is projected to run for a total of 27 months and started November 1, 2019.
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring engagedIN meets (and never misses) deliverables and hits (or overperforms) on milestones as defined by the CDC contract awarded to engagedIN
- Communicating and assigning tasks, deadlines and any changes to engagedIN team members, gathering updates, tracking progress on deliverables and milestones and holding team members responsible
- Managing onboarding of members onto engagedIN team, including ensuring completion and tracking of required trainings
- Running regular internal meetings of the engagedIN team
- Creating reports for and making written and verbal presentations on progress to engagedIN team, engagedIN Executive Team (as needed), and CDC staff
- Working closely with COO to address any issues that arise in progress, performance or functioning of the CDC project
- Managing the relationship between engagedIN and the CDC project team (technical monitor, Contracting Officer Representative and other CDC staff), and
- Coordinating and facilitating regular meetings with CDC staff
- Leading/managing the design, instrumentation/metrics, IRB, and approval (internally and by CDC/regulatory) of contract-associated outcome studies (efficacy and evaluative) so that we fulfill all requirements of the contract.
- Coordinate with multiple DPP Lifestyle Change Program sites who are co-designing solutions with our design team
Desired Background And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from highly-ranked college or university
- 5+ years experience managing complex projects as a project manager, ideally in healthcare
- Experience with federal government processes and rules
- Understanding of health policy at the federal level
- Experience designing clinical study instrumentation and managing IRBs desired
- MPH degree highly desirable
- Government project experience a major advantage (not required)
- Familiarity with medical and lifestyle issues of people with diabetes or pre-diabetes highly desirable (not required)
- Experience with CDC Diabetes Prevention Program a major advantage (not required)
- Understanding of neuroscience or behavioral health principles highly desirable (not required)
- Data and statistical analysis skills a major plus (not required)
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented to the greatest degree, with a steel-trap mind to boot
- Ability to track a wide variety or parallel work streams and ensure dependencies and cross workstream interaction are facilitated to meet deliverables
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (ability to present information at the level required for the audience being presented to)
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Comfort working both independently and with a variety of people and personalities on projects of high complexity with minimal supervision
- Experience with the preparation of presentations, slide decks and training materials
- Demonstrated ability to analyze facts and identify issues, collect data/evidence, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and prepare reports
- Ability to work effectively with all functions and levels of company personnel
- Meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company’s objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, virtual, ever-changing environment
- Strong technology skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, G-Suite, Teamwork (or equivalent project management software), Slack, data analytics software skills (desired).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Please include a cover letter.
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative