The successful candidate will demonstrate our Corporate Guiding Values of Integrity, Consumer Advocacy, Teamwork, Development, Quality and Performance in all areas of their work. They will be responsible for managing all phases of small to large projects. Some of these projects may be cross functional in nature. The Project Manager should be effective with Waterfall, Agile, SDLC, and hybrid approaches. Meeting Schedule, Budget, and Quality objectives is essential. Making and meeting commitments is paramount. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects of varying priority simultaneously. Risk prevention and timely Risk Mitigation is a critical and required capability. A combination of strategic thinking and an ability to focus on details is key.
Be a Detail-Oriented Manager of Project Related Tasks
- Create Project Charter, Scope & Objectives documents
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time, within budget, and with quality
- Coordinate with teams and stakeholders to remove ambiguity
- Manage Issues, Risks, Actions, Information, Decisions, Requirements, Schedule, Deliverables, Resources, and Budget
- Create and maintain Project Schedule
- Create and Maintain Project Collateral (Project Plan, Risk, Issue, Requirements, Action, Decision registers)
- Monitor and drive User Story completion
- Facilitate sprint / release velocity increases via thorough project management
- Conduct frequent standups
- Be accountable and hold others accountable
- Lead by example
Be a Project Data Provider
- Create and present burn down charts
- Forecast and communication of resource needs for projects
- Maintain Project Portfolio
- Maintain Project Budget vs Actuals data
- Gather and organize information for the Executive Steering Committee
- Translate Business Goals and Requirements into executable work packages
- Distill ideas and strategies into tasks
- Understand Corporate Goals and apply that knowledge to each project
- Facilitate business case development and project approval
Be a Steward of Corporate Resources
- Ensure effective and efficient resource utilization via planning, executing, and completing required scope on time, within budget, and with an acceptable level of quality
- Demonstrate Business Acumen
- Estimate and monitor costs (labor and fixed) and actively manage the project to remain within boundaries.
- React and adjust to disruptions in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Be an Effective Communicator
- Communicate using multiple channels of communication to all stakeholders; business, technical, and executive teams.
- Ensure all teams have a synchronized understanding of project goals, objectives, status, and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate how project fits into the “big picture”
- Effectively present relevant project information to varying audiences
- Facilitate standups, project planning sessions, strategy discussions
- Document and communicate outcomes of meetings
- High School required / College Degree preferred
- Related studies (Instructor led or self-paced coursework)
- Related certifications (PMI, Scrum, Agile) preferred but not required