For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Global Project Management team. This position can be done remotely from a home office.
- Manage assigned projects/programs according to CRL’s best practices and project management methodology.
- Manage CRL and client expectations from project/program awardment to project/program closure.
- Deliver project/program scope and deliverables as defined within the CRL statement of work and amendments.
- Provide project/program leadership to the internal and external project team, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Oversight of the project/program timeline while collaborating and supporting the CRL Study Director(s)/Scientists.
- Develop project/program communication and risk management plans.
- Identify and manage the project/program dependencies and critical path.
- Negotiate and mediate with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders to deliver a proactive approach in the management of project/program issues and risks.
- Document and communicate timely status of the project/program, incorporating an overall health report on project/program timeline, issues, and risks.
- Consult with client service and project coordination team members in areas of contracts and change orders.
- Report governance and Key Performance Indicator metrics to meet CRL and Client expectations, as deemed appropriate
The following are the minimum requirements related to the Project Manager, SA position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a scientific or business discipline. Min 5 years relatetd experience in project management.
- PMP Certification: Preferred
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.