This position is responsible for supporting thedevelopment and implementation of the overall project management strategy for CustomerProcess Experience as well as determining the most effective ways to improvecustomer and internal processes and deliver exceptional service. Directs and developsways to maximize efficiency and manage resources and capabilities moreeffectively and deliver customer value. This role will also support the designand implementation of projects and policies within the Project ManagementOffice to improve the working of National Grid
- Develop Project Plan andmanagement capability for overall CXT Program as well as creating alignment andconsistency with all projects within the Program. This includes business,change and communications activities and interdependencies as well as ISdependencies (IS Project Plan will be managed through IS).
- Develop, with PEx practitioners,process reengineering opportunities through SME coordination, opportunityidentification, journey maps for existing experiences and delivering future/ tobe customer journey map(s) with a plan to achieve.
- Develop data-basedrecommendations and support sustainment of any organizational design changesnecessary to optimize the customer experience by reducing waste, redundancy andunnecessary handoffs and increasing business value.
- Responsible for directingcreative problem solving through coordination with PEx practitioners, all linesof business involved and SMEs to bring the team to most effective resolution.
- Identify change &communications needs for each project, inform and coordinate with overall CXTChange & Communications Strategy
- Prepare and write relevantdocumentation in order to assure that all stakeholders are fully informed andall evidence or statistics are documented, including building in pilot andsustained business QA protocols
- Design, develop and implement CXTscorecards that illustrate customer experience with new initiatives, includingPilot Programs; supporting the organization to continue to develop and delivera high level of service and remain a market leader.
- Drive and deliver on large scaleand pilot programs using an agile trial/test approach based on data drivenidentification of opportunities including KPI development and base lining,working with appropriate teams to design a strong experiment.
- Deliver business requirements andbusiness UAT support by working with SMEs and process owners for any newtechnology solutions implemented.
- Collate and analyze customer andbusiness benefits using internal as well as financial data within one ormultiple areas using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order tosupport the department’s decision-making process and proving business case forcontinuing pilots / projects; recommending adjustments where appropriate
- Build upon technical/professionalskills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order tocontinually grow your personal contribution to the business.
- Develop relationships withinternal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share informationthat will benefit National Grid’s Customer Experience Transformation Strategy.
- Monitor and review workundertaken by project team members in order to provide recommendations andfeedback on the appropriate use of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Develop process and policyspecifications and criteria and options and evaluate those options to supportsenior management decision-making in the relevant field.
- Research and analyze key themesfrom a wide range of data sources in order to identify how different scenariosmay impact upon the business.
- Design and implement newprocesses or policies in order to ensure all working practice (and whererelevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with National Gridpolicies and regulatory requirements.
- Translate business objectivesinto clearly defined business cases, annual plans and objectives in order tosupport achievement of departmental/operational area.
- Negotiate and agree contractswith outside vendors including standards of work / levels of service to ensurebest value for National Grid.
- Contribute to the identificationand formulation of strategic objectives specific to area of work/business unit,in order to drive change and innovation within National Grid.
- Lead, motivate and develop aprofessional team, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensureresults are delivered in line with expectations and customer/businessobjectives.
- Manage key external relationshipswith respect to local unions and regulators, in order to ensure they aremanaged appropriately and in line with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and utilize peer groupnetwork in order to absorb and apply technical/professional best practicewithin own area of specialism.
- Monitor and control allocatedhuman and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting inorder to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
Knowledge & ExperienceRequirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relatedarea and 7 + years of related experience. Anadvanced degree/credits is preferred.
- Expert within their field.Extensive and significant knowledge of one field of work or broad technicaldepth in multiple, related fields sufficient to lead programs or projects.
- Knowledge of current trendswithin the industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Agiledelivery methodologies preferred.
- Knowledge of National Grid’sbusiness operations, company policies and practices. Knowledge of divisionpolicies, processes and fields of work.
- Proficient in relevant softwaree.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience of managing projectteams and projects independently.
- Knowledge of budgeting andoperational planning.
- Experience and proficiency inrelevant company related IT systems
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Nov 9, 2018, 6:24:54 PM