Virgin Trains USA is an innovative and active commercial developer of transit-oriented development projects is looking for someone whom can fit the organization’s culture of hard-work, honesty, and professionalism. The Construction Department plays a key role in project development. As an essential member of the Construction team, reporting to the Vice President of Construction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Construction projects assigned.
- Monitor activities in conjunction with the onsite General Contractor, MEP Contractors and Project Superintendent to ensure project is on schedule and within budgets.
- Lead Project Team and sub-contractors to ensure that projects are completed within established goals for quality, timeliness, profitability, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and organize project management activities – reviewing and updating the budget, preparing and updating a project schedule, and establishing project communications, standards and files.
- Assist with building permits as required/follow all city government guidelines for project and adhering to all OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Create positive client relationships and pursue new project opportunities that enterprise should engage in with existing customers. Continually develop a strong network with local contractors.
- Always represent enterprise in a professional and ethical manner.
- Manage the preparation of designs, specifications and drawings for repair and replacement/upgrade of building systems and other related components.
- Create and distribute RFI’s to include development of contractual terms and conditions relating to proposal/bid pricing, drawings and plans. Evaluate responses, award contracts and oversee activity through satisfactory completion.
- Preconstruction responsibilities:
- Manage subcontractors to verify that they are supplying adequate resources to meet contract requirements and other related systems/components.
- Secure project resources in the most cost-effective manner and ensure tasks are completed at the appropriate time and take necessary action to mitigate schedule delays.
- Supervise and coordinate sub-contractors to assure proper installation of equipment and delivery of services.
- Work closely with enterprises clients and vendors to ensure on time, according to specifications, within budget implementation of projects.
- Provide supervision and project management support for existing data center operations.
- Troubleshoot emergencies, potential problems and issues, and organize and supervise resolution.
- Ongoing Operations Support
- Provide ongoing technical support, management and oversight of vendors as necessary.
- Provide project status updates and awareness through all project phases.
- Manage and/or perform analysis, evaluations and investigations of existing buildings’ power, lighting, life safety, communications and security.
- Prepare and review reports for design, operation and maintenance perspective including identification of items requiring remedial action and estimated repair costs.
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience. Construction management skills including: CAD/design review, implementation, and project management are necessary. Technical expertise relating to MEP is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to review, understand, and interpret mechanical and architectural drawings to a level that allows the development of production documents. Familiarity with the National Electrical Code requirements, environmental requirements including, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, and vendor maintenance.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills. Strong analytical and decision-making skills and advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty, and effectively dealing with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Presents himself/herself well to customers with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, applying appropriate grammar; listen attentively before proposing solutions; present ideas in a logical, compelling manner in both small and large group settings; communicate technical information to a non-technical audience; and integrate large volumes of information from multiple sources.
- Sincere, bright self-starter with a strong desire for achievement and ambition who can demonstrate the ability to lead a team while being an excellent team player.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the project schedule.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office computer applications such as Excel, Word,
- PowerPoint, Procore, and MS Project.
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.