The Project Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of construction activities, including but not limited to-: budgeting, bid solicitation, project scope identification, procurement, field management, execution, and closeout. The Project Manager ensures the work is completed safely, within schedule and budget, and in a manner consistent with the company policies and procedures. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall client satisfaction, profitability and success of their project workload. The Project manager is involved in all phases of the construction project from initial planning to completion/close-out.
The Project Manager is accountable for the development/ nurturing of client relationships maintaining and securing business opportunities.
- Lead and direct the work of others under their direct supervision. Coordinate construction activities. Ensure construction project(s) are executed within schedule and budget and according to plans and specifications
- Plan and monitor the best allocation of resources, within a defined budget, to meet project expectations
- Prepare detailed scopes of work for subcontract documents; construction schedules utilizing MS Project, prepare two week look-ahead schedules and weekly project reports for Client review
- Develop a thorough knowledge of project plans and specifications
- Assist in development, analyze and evaluate project schedules
- Develop and analyze work progress, costing and scheduling reports
- Ensure proper project and construction methods at all times
- Ensure quality control methods are consistent across all programs
- Protect company from improper ‘At-Risk’ activities especially monitoring adherence to all safety procedures.
- Manage meetings and correspondence with Customers
- Maintain project records
- Coordination with, GSS(s), Site Superintendent(s), subcontractors, property managers, client vendors, equipment and/or other entities: Building department, architect, engineers, etc.
- Ensure accurate record keeping is maintained, daily written reporting (Daily Log, Photos, RFI’s, and supporting documents). Provide timely feedback related to the schedule, areas of improvement and identify issues in collaboration with GSS / Site Superintendent
- Support Company reporting functions e.g. daily report, time card, reviews etc.
- Consistent and frequent communication (phone, email, in-person) with field management relative to the project status. Assists in outlining project plans, setting project goals, and evaluating performance against stated goals, (schedule, budget, quality).
- Maintains relationships with client/owners, landlords, property management, vendors, architects, engineers, and all other pertinent parties involved/required for successful execution.
- Communicates, coordinates, site deliveries and material receipts with field resources
- Control use / cost of equipment
- Resolve problems/ conflict that occur on project site
- Negotiate pricing and scope with subcontractors. Works collaboratively with procurement group, as needed. Perform detailed review of plans and specifications, work with estimators and bid coordinators to manage, solicit and procure subcontractors and subcontractor estimates for new prospective and awarded construction projects.
- Negotiate client proposals, change orders, and pricing models as required
- Prepare Client RFC’S and RFC Log’s, take responsibility for approvals from Client; project profitability and reporting to senior management through work in progress reviews meetings.
- Review and respond to Client contracts, prepare plan sheet lists, exclusions list’s, schedules and payment terms for attachment to standard AIA contract
- Conduct site visits, as required, to ensure quality and safety standards are being maintained and improved.
- Attend client site meetings. Project Kick-off, Project walk-thru, punch walks, etc.
1. Work collaboratively with Business Development on new client opportunities. Prepare and present, as required in client demonstrations, client sales meetings or trade shows. Provide support for client RFP responses, as required.
2. Act as primary client escalation point for existing client accounts. Renewed continued business relationship. Conduct site visits, client meetings, and represent company in a professional manner.
1. Ensure weekly safety meetings are conducted.
2. Identify and correct safety issues on project site visits.
3. Enforcement of safety policies.
1. Monitor field expenses across project(s) to ensure compliance with budgeted dollars. Identify and communicate changes effecting scope and/or costs associated.
2. Manage project site general condition costs.
3. Responsible for book of business and Sales vs. Gross Profits.
4. Responsible for weekly reports to management via weekly Project Management meetings.
4. Train and prepare for Monthly job cost/project meetings. Strong understanding of the project financials (Open Buyouts, projected cost (Under/Over). Costs to Complete.
- Attend and participate in Program / Project Meetings – Conference calls to ensure schedule, budget, and quality outcome.
- Knowledgeable in the contractual obligations, timelines, established for the construction projects under your supervision.
3. Work collectively with the bid solicitation / coordination and estimating efforts to ensure project awards and profitable results.
- Company vehicle or allowance provided.
- Company cell phone provided.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off benefits – PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan – Company Funded
- Medical & Dental: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EACH EMPLOYEE, 50% PAID BY EXCEL FOR FAMILY.
- Vision: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY
- Aflac: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE – Includes Accident Advantage, Cancer Care, Short Term Disability, Life, and Telemedicine. Employee has option to buy-up for their family.
Job Type: Full-time