Location: Midland, TX
The Project Manager Estimator is responsible for the estimating and management of bids and projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, general tender or proposed work packages for additional work.
- Reviews specifications and drawings to determine the total scope of work and associated costs.
- Completes take-offs.
- Performs quantity surveys on scope of work.
- Prepares bid packages, conceptual estimates and analysis of potential sub-contractor bids for projects.
- Interprets documentation, specifications, and design drawings to determine material and other associated costs to be included in the final estimate price.
- Develops and maintains the Construction Execution Plan at a strategic level.
- Delivers the required activities of the Project Completion Plan.
- Ensures construction execution priorities are delivered based on the schedule, client requirements, and site conditions.
- Involved in managing, reviewing, and approving the planning activities required to ensure success.
- Deliver the Quality Management Plan and associated Inspection Test Plan.
- Demonstrates and ensures the safety program is being adhered to.
- Evaluates, mentors, and provides performance feedback to employees directly supervised.
- Represents Tarpon by participating in all client interface meetings.
- Ensures the required progress and productivity goals are achieved and associated reports are presented as scheduled.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master/Journeyman license a +
- 8 + years of experience as a competent and qualified Project Manager, Construction Manager, and/or Project/Site Superintendent.
- In house orientation, Field Level Risk Assessment, Supervisor Drug and Alcohol, Due Diligence and Behavior Based Observation required.
- Competency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Exposure to SharePoint, MS Teams a +
- MS Project and/or Primavera necessary
- Exposure to Accubid or other estimation programs would be considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License – Must provide an MVR of the last 3 years of driving history which is acceptable by the corporate vehicle maintenance and safety program.
- Possess knowledge of all facets of construction management – job costing, budgets, project controls, progress and productivity measurement, labor and employee relations.
- Demonstrated skill in using independent judgement to achieve assigned responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, to direct construction management team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test (pre-employment and random)
PTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
** No third-party agencies, please. **
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance