Plans, organizes and manages the design and construction of major capital projects. Manages the performance of the project team including consultants, construction managers and contractors within the approved schedule and budget. Oversight of bidding contract awards, quality control, financial forecasting and project reports. Provides Health System leadership guidance during planning phases on feasibility, programming, cost and timelines.
1. Reviews project plan to determine project program, scope, time-frame, funding limitations, and allotment of resources to various phases of the project.
- Develops and maintains project schedules and budgets. .
- Assists development of project quality standards and selection of construction delivery method.
- Prepares and submits funding requests (Project Charter).
- Oversees selection of builder, architects and other project consultants and awards construction contracts.
2. Manages consultants, contractors, vendors and other businesses on behalf of the client to effectively plan, organize and control the project.
- Leads pre-construction kick-off meeting and project meetings to ensure contractors are familiar with Health System guidelines and maintain open lines of communication.
- Monitors construction progress and ensures that consultants and staff monitor work against pre-established quality standards.
- Monitors project expenditures. Forecasts possible project delays, risks cost events and potential impact on the project budget.
3. Represents Physical Assets – Facilities to all internal customers, clients, health system staff, vendors and consultants to control project progress and ensure quality outcomes.
- Prepares monthly Project Progress Reports and regularly advises clients on project status.
- Reports for daily project work to the supervising Project Director.
4. Performs related duties, as required.