Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; other hours as required
Job Description Summary
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of a project from inception to completion within a defined budget and scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of the project(s) (includes creating a detailed work plan for each project) to ensure goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame, within the budgeted parameters, and within the defined project management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing oversight to guarantee that business and technical requirements change.
- Monitor project plans, budgets, resources, and updates as needed.
- Maintain long term, positive working relationships with internal team members, customers and suppliers.
- Serve as a liaison between internal management and project team members.
- Review milestones, examine potential operational issues/risks, outline and propose solutions and identify actions.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Ability to lead project(s) and team members to ensure project timelines are met.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities, and revise the project schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- In consultation with the appropriate manager identify department team member with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Monitor and follow-up on approvals of all budgeted project expenditures.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time.
Competencies: Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and accuracy. Must have the ability to actively listen and solve problems. Must be organized and comfortable working in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Multi-tasking skills are critical. Must have the ability to change direction and adjust priorities frequently during the day.
Communication: Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, agents and clients.
Strong decision making skills: Must be able to analyze and/or gather all available information to formulate sound decisions and effectively resolve a variety of issues.
Analytical skills: Must be detail oriented with strong attention to accuracy and quality.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business management, project management or related field. Two to three years’ previous project management experience. PMP Certification, or ability to earn PMP Certification within six months, preferred.
Computer Skills: Must possess above average computer skills, including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or other project management software, as well as other Microsoft Office applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
- project management: 3 years (Required)