It takes a talented, committed and hard-working team to make a company successful. TCM hires the very best people, and in return we foster an environment where our employees can learn and grow in their career.
TCM maintains an open and honest workplace, and our company depends on employees’ insights to improve processes and workflow. In short, we are proud of our work. This is reflected in every project, every product, and in every relationship. If you want to be part of a team where opportunities and challenges go hand-in-hand, then we want to hear from you.
Our Core Values
- We are one team.
- We do the right thing.
- We keep our commitments.
- We think ahead.
- We foster a rewarding place to work.
- We have fun.
- We keep a strong work ethic.
- We hold ourselves accountable.
- We are transparent.
- We make our client’s job easier.
- We build things right.
- We are proud of our work.
Project Engineer – Responsibilities and Job Description
The Project Engineer is responsible and accountable to redeem and maximize project gross profit on all assigned, booked projects. This is accomplished by timely and actively managing, supervising, planning, communicating, executing, completing, and successfully closing out of assigned projects. A Project Engineer shall always act in TCM’s best interest and be considered an ambassador to our clients, industry professionals, and the community.
TCM’s Project Engineers report directly to TCM’s Director of Operations with daily activities and development from onsite Project Manager.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Develop favorable relationships with clients and client’s agents.
- Provide qualified sales leads to TCM’s Business Development Sales and Marketing Department.
- Be effective at conveying TCM’s Message with both written and verbal communication.
- Personnel Administration & Management
- Maintain a clear and commanding knowledge of TCM’s standards, policies, procedures, methods, and practices.
- Maintain effective positive working relationships with peers and among subordinates.
- Identify employees outside of TCM who exhibit high levels of performance and may be a “good fit” within our organization to TCM’s Vice President of Operations.
- Effectively monitor project work to ensure TCM only does work included in the contract documents.
- Maintain accurate and objective records of changed conditions. Including posting drawings.
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- With the assistance of on site foremen and personnel provide and manage tools and equipment for the timely completion of scheduled tasks.
- Maintain an accurate record of general construction progress in relation to the published schedule of record.
- Work with BIM departments by providing documents, submittals, field observations and as-builts.
- Purchasing and Expediting
- Understand and support TCM’s purchasing process.
- Work with Purchasing Department and field operations to ensure proper ordering is completed.
- Maintain and monitor purchase control records, logs and information.
- Expedite and audit suppliers and subcontractor submittals.
- Secure timely approval of customer submittals.
- Expedite delivery and inspection of equipment and materials.
- Audit and expedite subcontractor payment requisitions.
- Provide information to Purchasing Manager and Purchasing Assistant that include call out summaries, quotes and proposals
- Maintain detailed and complete project logs and documents.
- Accurately and timely maintain CP log and incorporate approved changes in the project records.
- Produce, maintain and analyze project schedules records.
- Perform complete, timely and accurate initial and subsequent bookings for each assigned project.
- field and office support as necessary to complete weekly productivity
- Effectively prepare and sell advanced billed progress billings. “Front end load”
- Resolve project obstacles to collection
- Generate positive cash flow on the project through the use of the advance billing worksheet
- Fully accountable to ensure assigned projects are safe and injury free.
- With TCM’s Safety Professional, constantly look for methods to improve the safety associated with our tasks and processes.
- Responsible to represent, support, and implement all of TCM’s safety policies and procedures and those project specific safety policies and procedures of our clients on assigned projects.
- Take necessary actions to protect our installed work on assigned projects from damage or theft.
- Take necessary actions to protect our materials and equipment yet to be installed on assigned projects from damage or theft.
- Assist with QA/QC duties as required.
- Improve gross profit on all assigned projects.
- Job Completion and Final Acceptance
- Expedite completion of recognized deficiencies and “punch list” items.
- Expedite completion of open items.
- Arrange, supervise, and submit required documentation of tests and final inspections to secure acceptance of installed systems.
- Timely estimate change orders.
- Incorporate approved changes in the project records.
- Trade Relations & Productivity
- With TCM’s Superintendents, assure compliance with our Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Manage the orderly buildup and reduction in crew size.
- Maintain jobsite environment which supports trade productivity.
- Identify and resolve trade productivity problems
- Redeem labor estimates.
- Process, maintain and analyze accurate project labor productivity.
- Perform professional and persuasive written and verbal communication as to ensure favorable relationships with TCM’s Clients.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Willingness to assist with field start, commissioning and coordination of such.
- Demonstrate loyalty to TCM and its management.
- Actively participate in open, honest, and effective communication with our field crews and all levels of management.
- Demonstrate Forthrightness, the ability to proceed straight ahead and be frank and candid with open and honest in-depth communication – Speak freely. Ask a lot of questions.
- Deal with issues effectively. Be proactive
- Demonstrate resiliency; Quickly recover from adverse issues.
- Demonstrate and display honesty, integrity and personal accountability.
- Develop strong personal relationships and hold direct reports and peers in our organization personally accountable for their duties and responsibilities.
- Accept change as a necessary process for successful execution of our projects
- Always ask for help or assistance when needed.
- Problem solver.
- Willing to learn new skills on own time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
1-4 years in a related field
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Leave
- Training opportunities and company paid professional associations and licenses
For more information on TCM, please visit our web site: www.TCMcorp.com or on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Southland Industries/TCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks.**