CFC is a general contractor/construction manager founded on the traditions of work hard, work smart, build well and each day have fun. CFC enjoys strong client relationships and strives to foster team excellence on each project with our clients and design partners. Our motto is REAL BUILDERS. REAL RESULTS. CFC’s project portfolio includes multi-family residential, mountain resort facilities, hospitality, and commercial work. Primary markets are metro-Denver and Colorado ski areas. As a forty year old private company annual volumes of completed work are in the range of $150 million.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will have Procore experience, submitting and tracking RFIs and assisting Project Managers with smooth operation of the proect.
Primary Responsibilities: Assists project manager in all aspects of the construction management process including, but not limited to:
- Aid in pricing alternates
- Prepare and develop scopes of work, bid packages, comparison sheets, contracts, etc., necessary for subcontractors
- Assist in the preparation, negotiation, development and management of contract administration functions
- Assist in development of project budgets and schedules
- Negotiate subcontract and material purchases
- Assisting with preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and cost system
- Material handling and storage
- Arrange for utilities, water, sewer, power, telephones
- Obtain building permits, licenses, etc.
- Plan specification review
- Assists team with shop drawings, samples, product data (i.e., plans and specs)
- Set up logs consisting of subcontractors and suppliers to assist team in acquiring the following
- Develop and ensure compliance with quality control plan
- Participate in project coordination meetings, prepare meeting minutes
- Change management – responsible for setting up, issuing documentation, pricing and change administration
- Subcontract administration – defining scope of work, answering inquiries, monitoring progress, tracking and processing back charges
- of temporary facilities and inspections
- Procure and expedite material
- Inventory control – Monitoring and tracking of equipment and resources
- Coordinate subcontractors
- Coordinating and reviewing of drawings, submissions, specifications, changes and document control
- Make sure that field questions are resolved with designers and consultants
- Assist in field operations as deemed necessary by project manager and superintendent
- Assist superintendent in safety and quality control of project
- Remove equipment, trailers, etc.
- Submit required guarantees and warrantees
Maintain excellent relations with owners, architects, consultants, subcontractors and public
Liaison with building authorities and regulatory agencies
Applicants must currently reside in the Denver metropolitan area. Candidates not currently residing in the Denver metropolitan area will not be considered.
The Project Engineer assists with the management and coordination of the technical and administrative requirements of a project, to safely meet the time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Timely presentation of problem issues; offered with optimal solutions and the drive to secure timely answers
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- 1 – 3 years construction-related experience in similar capacity
CFC Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.