Project Controls Coordinator / Administrator
Estimated to be a one (1) year assignment
Renewable Power – wind or solar facility
Beginning first quarter 2021
PIC Group is seeking Project Control Coordinators / Administrators to support numerous projects throughout the United States for contract assignments. This Project Control Coordinator / Administrator will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring all activities of assigned projects. This position will ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, within funding parameters, to the intended efficiencies of the project asset.
Contracts / Commercial Compliance
- Ensure contract adherence
- Develop matrix of contract deliverables and monitor for timely completion.
- Ensure contract milestones, i.e., escalation notices, renewals, mobilization deadlines, etc. are properly communicated in a timely manner to PIC management.
- Provide assistance to plant management in compiling and delivering routine reports to plant Owner representatives and PIC management.
- Develop standardized reports to be used in meeting contract deliverables.
- Assist plant management in identifying and developing proposals for value added services to be offered to Owners.
- Monitor the Mobilization phase of new projects for timeliness and deliverables and provide acceptance for transition to O&M services phase of project.
- Provide and/or identify SME support as requested by plant management.
- Assist with root cause analysis (RCAs) as requested.
- Assist with troubleshooting as skills permit.
- Problem resolution: Use solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, concepts, etc.
- Provide input on engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness of capital improvements.
- Provide technical due diligence as requested by plant management, corporate and/or owner.
Programs and Policies
- Coordinate project activities with public and/or regulatory agencies as requested.
- Liaison between PIC Corporate and plant management to ensure smooth transition of new or revised programs and policies.
- With plant management, create and maintain an open and collaborative environment with Owner.
- Ensure plant management is providing proper and timely feedback to Owner on known issues/concerns.
- Meet with Owner(s) as requested and/or for periodic performance reviews.
- Respond to Owner inquiries in a timely manner and ensure proper Corporate / plant personnel are engaged as necessary.
Plant Performance (PIC View)
- Develop standardized reports / dashboards to monitor plant contract / budgetary performance and reporting out to PIC management during schedule project reviews.
- Budget performance
- Operational performance
- Maintenance performance
- Regulatory performance
- Overall contract performance as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in contract management and oversight.
- 10+ years O&M experience as a Manager in a power plant or 8+ year’s experience in a similar position within power generation.
- Must have wind farm or solar field power generation construction and commissioning / start-up experience
- Experience with NERC CIP policies and implementation.
- Experience with EH&S pertaining to operations and maintenance of a power plant.
- Experience in O&M contract management and oversight as a third-party service provider.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to collaborate with customers, contractors, internal departments, and individuals at all levels within multi-disciplinary, global, matrix organization.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, cope effectively with complexity and change, remain calm, and maintain steady performance under pressure.
- Ability to focus on key priorities and manage multiple projects within demanding time constraints.
- Ability to effectively work across multiple time-zones and sometimes outside of normal working hours is also essential.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions.
- Solid organizational and administrative skills.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and presentation skills.
- Requires good computer skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.