EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager. This position will be based at our headquarters in Germantown, MD and will primarily interface with all international subsidiaries with respect to equipment forecasting/shipping and operational issues. The individual should have the ability to multitask and work under tight timelines. In addition, the candidate will need to work with LATAM countries to support Hughesnet service.
- Interface with the all International Subsidiaries and Manufacturing division with respect to ordering/forecasting and shipment of equipment to all international subsidiaries.
- Interface with Network Engineering and Product line managers to facilitate needs and requirements from International subsidiaries
- Manage the business relationship with customers as needed
- Work with the internal team in South American countries to identify/support the following with respect to Hughesnet service operations: production support issues, requirements/enhancements, vendor support as needed
- Work with the Products group in design and deployment of Value added services, such as data backhaul networks, community WIFI, etc.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecomm or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in Program Management
- Capable of working independently and working with little or no supervision
- Understanding of broadband technologies (wireline/terrestrial, satellite and wireless)
- Skilled in Program/Project Management techniques. PMP certification preferred
- Experienced in Industry Best Practices for process improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of satellite technologies
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.