This is a highly complex role that requires one to bring a strong data center facilities build understanding and experience. The Sr Data Center Technical Project Manager will be responsible for reviewing the build project plans for deploying data center facilities. Will work closely with vendors/suppliers and sub-contractors in the local build areas to provide guidance, understanding and reporting on facilities schedules and build risk.
We are seeking highly seasoned Sr Technical Project Managers with an extensive background in construction schedule activities and supplier mgmt. The candidate should have a strong background in highly complex deployments, managing vendor relationships, and working in a very fast pace/unstructured environment. In addition, we seek:
- Minimum of 7 years of Planning and Scheduling experience in the construction industry working on large Data Center, Industrial, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing or High-tech projects.
- Strong technical knowledge, which encompasses data center technologies, design, electrical distribution, mechanical, and IT cabling infrastructure and telco turn-up.
- Understands regional and local agencies permitting, building and inspection requirements, to dates and times presented by suppliers are in alignment with stated project objectives
- Understands critical infrastructure commission process and requirements to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical/mechanical systems
- Deep knowledge of construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting.
- Ability to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Perform probabilistic analysis on integrated schedules and contractor schedules.
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management.
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals.
- Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to apply independent and sound business judgment to solve complex issues.
- Works independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills.
Must be able to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.