- Bachelor's Degree; AND
- Two (2) years of experience directly related to program/grants administration for CDBG, HOME, or ESG; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below. )For education and experience only, does not include legally required Licenses or Certifications.); AND
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customer and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, implements and/or modifies program procedures, guidelines and policies to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Conducts needs assessment data analysis to facilitate developing grant applications to obtain funding for assigned projects.
- Evaluates program results and determines changes that need to be made in program policies and procedures based on feedback from customers, service providers, and/or community groups.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments by auditing and evaluating program progress to determine if the program is achieving its objectives.
- Analyzes program data, identifies actual and potential problem areas, trends and related factors that impact the program, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings including solutions and recommendations.
- Ensures program operates in compliance with departmental goals and objectives, pertinent laws, rules, and regulations, monitors federal, state, and/or regional regulatory changes to determine when program rules and regulations need to be revised, and advises service providers, community groups, and clients on changes needed to comply with program criteria.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of County, State and Federal laws, guidelines and requirements governing community planning procedures and content.
- Knowledge of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs such as CDBG, HOME & ESG; HUD Reporting Systems.
- Knowledge of federal employment opportunities requirements as applicable to community planning.
- Knowledge of formats and styles used in legal documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets), Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret legal documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Typically in office environment; occasionally requires travel
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee's department, the County's Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Additional Job Requirements
A department, depending on the nature of its mission and operations, may require that employees in all or certain positions in this job classification:
- Maintain the ability to pass the background checks required for the position. These background checks may include but are not limited to:
- Criminal History Background Check using Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Information Services (SACWIS)
- Level 1 and Level 2 Background screening (Ch. 435 Florida Statutes)
- Child Abuse, Abandonment and Neglect Record Check using the State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- Sex Offender and Sexual Predator record check using the list maintained by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Possess the necessary job related licence(s) or certification(s) that may include possession of a Florida Driver's License (Class E) or an applicable Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Job: Program Coordinator.E.Proj
Organization: CAD-AH-Affordable Housing
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2021
Classification Type: Classified
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Salary Range: 21.51 -34.42 US Dollar (USD) Hourly