COLKET – Colket Translational Research Req ID: 29220
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
The employee will assist in the organization and implementation of departmental studies including supervising staff, managing daily operations, and ensuring compliance with study time lines and protocols. The employee will assist the Director in administrative tasks including serving as the liaison with Stokes and Hospital supports and collaborations with outside agencies.
1. Coordinate operations for study (studies).
- Provide information to Director regarding status of study including any potential problems that arise.
- Oversee all screening, intake, and randomization procedures.
- Hire, supervise, and train study staff including delegating tasks and conducting employee evaluations.
- Assist in establishing quality assurance procedures for all staff.
- Complete required administrative tasks including ordering supplies, processing check requests and consultant invoices.
- Manage all follow up activities to ensure a minimum of 85% retention.
- Work with business manager to maintain budget.
- Supervise collection, maintenance, and coordination of all required documents to ensure adherence to research and clinical protocols.
2. Assist in completion of required paperwork as needed to initiate and maintain standing with CHOP and Sponsor research protocols.
- Complete paperwork needed for IRB submissions, annual reviews and IRB updates as needed.
- Ensure that informed consent is obtained and appropriate signatures are on consent form.
- Assist in completion of quarterly and annual progress reports; serve as liaison with sponsor.
- Prepare all reports, documents, and correspondences for regulatory affairs, grants management and sponsor for review by Director.
- Assist in development of procedures manual including establishing quality assurance procedures
- Maintain research and treatment records on all participants as required by the study sponsor.
3. Assist Director in managing staff and operations of department.
- Assist director in staff hiring as requested including helping address staffing needs, developing job descriptions, and facilitating the hiring process
- Serve as main liaison with all CHOP and Research Institute support including regulatory affairs, HR, grants management, and the overseeing department.
- Join or represent Director in meetings with CHOP, city, or agency administrators to explore future collaborations
- Assist in manuscript development as requested
- Assist in new grant submissions including developing budgets, staffing patterns and completing any required subcontracts.
- Meet with CFIS staff as necessary to disseminate information and address staff concerns or questions.
4. Will complete other duties as requested by the Director
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Life Sciences, or related field
- Minimum of two years experience in conducting research trials.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and interact with researchers, community members, and CHOP staff.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146