What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Program Assistant to serve as a member of the Public Health team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of research-related experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant is needed to complete upcoming research related activities and lead data entry/linguistics’ team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience with human subjects testing in Spanish and English with 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Must have valid State of TX Driver’s license and have own reliable transportation.
- Must have access to/own computer with internet access for work and communication purposes.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High-level proficiency in Spanish & English (speaking, writing, reading) – professional level grammar and spelling in both languages.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Assists with data entry using Access.
- Assists in the development and translation of survey instruments, training manuals, and other materials.
- Collaborates with Program Coordinator to assure established deadlines and quality standards are met by team members.
- Creates, establishes, and maintains program files, databases, correspondence, and program materials.
- Travels to Lower Rio Grande Valley to assist with trainings, meetings, events, and/or intervention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.