Professional Liability Claims Manager AdventHealth Corporate
Location Address: 101 Southhall Ln, Maitland, FL 32751
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Ability to be autonomous and innovative
- Opportunity to participate in litigation management
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages complex professional liability claims in multiple jurisdictions which could require travel to healthcare facilities, depositions, mediations and trials.
- Manages the day-to-day claim development by directing and coordinating investigations, determining legal liability and assessing damages.
- Must be able to create and maintain an effective diary management system to ensure all claims are given the appropriate attention.
- Sets, maintains and justifies appropriate reserves taking in consideration the projection of claim payments and verdicts in the jurisdiction.
- Navigates the claims process by determining liability, causation and damages and negotiating resolution or positioning matters for trial.
- Controls and directs counsel’s litigation activities which includes case strategy, settlement negotiations and/or trial preparation.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree with additional study and or professional designation preferred, i.e. Nursing, Business Administration, insurance claims management, sociology, psychology, or human behavior studies background beneficial.
- 5-7 years of related professional liability claims experience
- Florida all-lines adjusters license
This position is responsible for the management of assigned potential compensable claims, asserted claims and suits. Management encompasses investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement activities, attorney supervision and trial support.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.