IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks an Intern to support programming for the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders Initiative for our Leadership practice. The Intern will be expected to work full-time hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week) from March to September 2020. An hourly rate will be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support with the day-to-day administration of the Mandela Washington Fellowship’s internship program;
- Provide coordination and support to DC-based management and program staff;
- Work with program partners and participants, including communicating program updates, answering questions, and assisting with logistics;
- Compile and track a wide range of participant information and program data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Contribute to the production of program deliverables, including participant materials, templates, and guides for program partners;
- Assist in arranging event logistics and producing event materials and resources;
- Review and track participant deliverables;
- Conduct research as needed;
- Process and maintain financial records and transactions;
- Assist with developing and tracking traditional and social media communications content; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, pursuing Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, and interest to learn other software tools
- Must demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and project self-management
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Salesforce platforms (preferred)
- Experience studying, working, and/or living in Sub-Saharan Africa (preferred)
- Experience in international development and/or education (preferred)
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your hourly range requirements.