* GREAT STARTING WAGES, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, & NEW PRODUCTIVITY BONUSES*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
- working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
- looking for opportunities to improve work processes
- Regular and predictable daily on-site attendance is required in accordance with the department schedule. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Read work orders and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
- Inspect wooden framework for defects and make repairs as needed prior to upholstery application and other finish work
- Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand-crafted furniture
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
- Adjust or replace fabric, padding, and/or springs, and secure them in place.
- Attach bindings or apply solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
- Attach fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using hand tools, such as pneumatic screwdrivers, glue brush, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, foam & fabric cutters, match fabric patterns, and utilize staplers and staple guns.
- Examine furniture frames, upholstery, springs, and fabric to locate defects.
- Interweave and fasten strips of webbing to the backs and undersides of furniture
- Attach finishes, including buttons, trim, tassels and other decorative accessories, to complete orders according to specifications
- Transports frames to and from workstation and/or furniture bucks.
- Responsible for fixing their own repairs before starting on a new piece.
- Discuss difficulties or assembly line slowdowns with supervisors and provides suggestions for improved productivity
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and guidelines, including proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Works as part of a team to meet or exceed production goals
- Follow verbal and written work instructions
- Perform all duties within Company safety rules and regulations at all times
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Work flexible hours and willing to work overtime, as directed
- Meets performance standards for quality, productivity, reliability, initiative, safety, and work relationships
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible