DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we’re crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
1. Support production line/lines as first responder to equipment issues including chokotei (short time down) recovery and troubleshooting equipment and product defects.
2. Compile activity data and report to the area Team Leader any detail project action items/results.
3. Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Production Progress Analysis Sheets (PPAS)/ANDON, analyze output data, and take pro-active measures to improve operating conditions on with direction from COC and line leaders
4. Complete routine check sheets, control charts, preventative maintenance sheets, and assist the Group Leader in the train associates on antonymous maintenance.
5. Take action to repair equipment problems and assist maintenance in resolving downtime for complex machine issues.
6. Initiate work orders and contact maintenance for support if equipment issues require complex solutions. Supports maintenance in resolving equipment DT issues as needed.
7. Implement and participate in Kaizen and process improvement activities.
8. Analyze key process defects with COC and determine root cause and corrective actions
9. Maintain equipment change logs
10. Product knowledge for key products in area of control
11. Provide feedback to support groups for jig/fixture material types
12. Support cost reduction activities as directed by leader
13. Communicates all major improvements to process to both maintenance and engineering to ensure future process introductions comply with best practice
14. As needed assist PE with factory acceptance testing of equipment to obtain knowledge on how to perform day to day production activities (routine check sheets, sub material changes, tooling change, ….etc)
15. As controlled by PCS debug, re-teach, and troubleshoot robot programs teach points such as X,Y,Z …etc.
16. Support cost reduction activities
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 3 years of past manufacturing experience
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery