Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Under the close direction of management, the Lead Production Technician will be responsible for leading production technicians in performing a variety of complex operations and duties in an air separation production environment. The Lead Production Technician must know when to call other specialists when more serious malfunctions occur, and measures and records various data associated with operating equipment. Responsibilities/duties are typically more focused and routine at this level.
Additional responsibilities will includes leading all efforts in:
- Proactively monitoring equipment to ensure it remains safe, efficient and in stable operation
- Keeping the area management team informed of deviations in the operational process
- Adjusting controls in response to changes in operational conditions
- Monitor all available pressure/temperature indications, etc. that might indicate an abnormality
- Understand and comply with critical safety parameters and procedures
- Perform formal rounds on a daily basis
- Ensuring all necessary production logs and records are properly maintained and filed
- Diligently study and adhere to all external and internal regulatory stipulations
- Control the processes utilizing established SOPs to maintain operational consistency and reliability and get approval should the need to deviate from these procedures occur
- Periodically oversee contractors to ensure safe maintenance activities are carried out
- Responsible for housekeeping activities in plant and control room
- Fully leverage existing management systems currently in place to meet or exceed safety, environmental, and reliability goals
- Effectively communicating with other onsite technicians and plant manager to communicate any areas of concern regarding the facility
- Able to interpret drawings and vendor manuals in order to understand operating and maintenance requirements
- Participate in turnaround activities including lock out tag out
Competency with computers, Microsoft applications, email, and process control computer systems must be displayed.
The schedule will consist of 10 hour days Mon-Thur, or Tue-Fri with on-call every other week.
High School Diploma/GED is required
Minimum 3 years experience working in a production/manufacturing and/or plant environment is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.