Job Title: Team Leader
Reports to: Operations Leader
Backed-Up by: another Team Leader
Written on: 3/21/18
Classification: Salary Exempt
Wage: Based on knowledge and experience
Hours: TBD—expected to be with designated team a majority of the time it is working
- Keeping or improving our core strategy and the differentiation we need to be proficiently successful in the marketplace: our responsiveness, flexibility, ability to use trial and error, and ability to adapt
- Assist maximizing throughput on the Make It Team based on customer demand;
- Assist using the least amount of necessary resources (“not two TV’s”; takes imagination and great execution) while improving dollars-per-pound and pounds-per-man-hour, and reducing waste
- Maintaining high levels of safety (food and people) and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Team Leader will oversee all aspects of the designated Make It Team and perform functions to ensure operations flow smoothly.
- The Team Leader will be involved with analyzing, and will be responsible for directing, designated production activities.
- The Team Leader will provide guidance, direction and information to employees and managers on specific situations that may arise, and will supervise designated production employees.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
Passionately lead designated production teams
Lead with core values and organizational commitment
Build effective relationships with all stakeholders
Understand the change process and using tools which MSG values
Lead with humility and transparency
Build and retains effective teams
Perform coaching, people assessments and performance management of the designated line leaders and team members. Guides team members and line leaders in personal growth (in collaboration with HR).
Provide timely and constructive feedback.
Lead daily huddles
Be aware of team members’ strengths and where best to be utilized.
Training OTJ (equipment and processes):
Effectively train with appropriate individual learning process
Provide training data to the Training Department
Get It Done:
Remove day-to-day obstacles
Help lines if necessary
Emergency first responder and handle emergencies
Embrace planning and scheduling throughput goals.
Gain understanding of constraints and bottlenecks, gain understanding of lean and waste concepts.
Collaborate with HR on temps, staffing, onboarding and orientation Communicate and collaborate with Support teams and leaders
Day-to-day people-scheduling, including call-off adaptation and flexible staffing based on products being made.
Do It Right:
Embrace, audit and demand attention and effective execution of Safety, Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Processes and Labeling.
Monitor floor conditions
Review recipes and specs
Follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, personal practices/personal processing practices while on the production floor.
Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Requirements of Position:
Manual dexterity to weigh, measure, push, pull, lift, package and otherwise manipulate various tools and equipment. Ability to lift 60 pounds. Per SQF requirements, ability to read and write words, to be able comprehend and write correspondences, emails, memos, and reports, all in the English language. Ability to supervise persons and projects. Ability to perform all job positions that report directly to him/her and to train new employees at such jobs and positions. Having a general knowledge of mechanics, and being able to troubleshoot certain equipment as needed. Ability to maintain organization with paperwork and physical space. Awareness of self and others. Have a high level of self-confidence; be optimistic in the face of obstacles, and have a strong desire to achieve. Works with a high level of integrity. Is able to work with ambiguity, and open to change. Uses relationship building skills to be successful at job. Can resolve conflict as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible