Production Supervisor – Hammond, IN
Supervision of manufacturing personnel and operation, assuring that quality, safety, productivity, schedule and delivery goals are met on a daily basis. Ensure production employees have the necessary training, tools and equipment to perform a quality job within allotted time periods.
- Ensure manpower is at optimum levels, including vacation scheduling, and adjust schedule as necessary in case of material or people shortages. Ensure that production is taking place in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Be fair and consistent when dealing with all people, policies, contract, discipline, etc. and treat people with respect.
- Train and develop subordinates; mediate conflicts (listen, coach, mentor..) quality standards.
- Ensure that parts produced are correct and labeled properly, meeting all quality standards.
- Ensure a safe working environment, and that employees are using safe working methods (including rotation).
- Provide current, up-to-date schedule to operators.
- Ensure inter-and intra- shift and department communication (internal customers, suppliers, scheduling, etc.) and keep operators informed.
- Improve and maintain housekeeping.
- Accurately complete time cards. Assure overtime equalization. Account for all scrap and lost time.
- Monitor maintenance needs, write work orders, coordinate repairs as needed.
- Knowledge of machines, fixtures, tools, and ability to advise, set up and make minor adjustments as necessary.
- Demonstrate applicable processes for training purposes as required.
- Knowledge and communication of all emergency procedures.
- Liaison with planner as to inventory levels of material/finished product.
- Maintain production records, and supply time and attendance records to HR.
- Lead and participate in problem solving meetings.
- Special projects as assigned
- Carries out assigned functions described in Policies, Procedures, and Quality Manuals.
- Make recommendations, plans and suggestions that promote continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Supports and Participates in Team Facilitator activities.
- Follow systems for TS16949 and ISO14001Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate ability in maintaining positive employment relations, maintain a high level of integrity, excellent organizational and PC skills. Bachelors degree is desired but not necessarily required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to maintain positive employment relations, high levels of integrity, and excellent organizational skills.
Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or a related field.
2-5 years of similar experience in an Automotive Plant and Unionized Environment.