Responsible for first line supervision of production employees (2 or more) in the safe, efficient, compliant and cost-effective lean manufacture of high-quality product at an industrial packaging plant. Ensures a safe, productive and efficient working environment while striving for continuous improvements in order to meet company objectives.
- Continuously improves the group’s performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes.
- Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria; runs shift meetings; confirms production progress; responds to delays; takes corrective actions; records KPI performance. Creates and implements group improvement plans.
- Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and core Greif. Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development.
- Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greif’s business as a whole.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4 to 5 years experience in a dynamic production environment. Supervisory or Lead person experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of industrial packaging.
- Demonstrated supervisory, organizational, interpersonal, computer, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic understanding of OSHA, DOT, labor and other federal regulations.
- Understanding of basic machine operation principles.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.