East Coast Metal Systems, Inc. (a division of Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal) is one of the nation s leading composite panel manufacturers. As a leading Eastern region contractor and manufacturer, ECMS specializes in all forms of architectural metals for small, medium and large commercial facilities to serve a wide range of customer needs. Top projects include major healthcare, higher education, and sports facilities as well as automotive, chemical and pharmaceutical facilities.
Fabricates and prepares metal composite panels and assists in the assembly of panels.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepares sheet metal construction materials according to project design, layouts, blueprints or drawing. (Soldering, shearing, packing, wrapping, loading);
- Solders, rivets and seams variety of metal products;
- Operates power-cutting tools including metal forming machines, folders, shears, cutters, and crimpers;
- Operate computer driven brake;
- Travels to KRSM job sites to deliver and install sheet metal product on roofs (working on roofs, cutting, welding, soldering);
- Perform inventory controls for job materials;
- Keep work area clean and assist in making a safe working environment
- Operate a forklift
- Operate KRSM vehicles
- Lift heavy objects
- Communicate and cooperate with foremen, project managers, supervisors and coworkers
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects 50 pounds;
- Able to lift, bend and cut sheet metal
- Stoop, crouch, bending, and step over obstacles;
- Working on roofs of tall buildings, sloped roofs, stadiums and general construction sites,
- Carrying and climbing ladders
- Setting up and working on scaffolding;
- Valid driver s license;
- Good, safe driving record;
- Experience in operating forklift;
- High school degree or equivalent;
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
- Work indoors and outdoors in various types of temperature and weather conditions.
- Work in environment with dust, loud noise and/or vibrations
- Working on substantially high construction sites;
- Performing work where carelessness could result in serious injury;
- Carry and/or lift 50 pounds or more.
- Perform duties at elevated sites;
- Stand, stoop, or walk for long periods of time