The Production Planning Assistant reports to the Master Scheduler and is responsible for the following results:
Manage production work tickets
- Create work orders for all work to be done in production (assembly, sub-assembly, weld, machined parts, and fabricated piece parts)
- Close out work orders for all work completed in production
- Create and close out work orders for used work, warranty work, and any other rework done in production
- Set reorder points and batch sizes to maximize efficiency.
Ensure daily production schedules are created and maintained to ensure deadlines in the Master Production Schedule are met.
- Create and communicate daily work schedules for all machines, weld cells, and assembly cells.
- Create and communicate daily work schedules for paint.
- Verify that all parts are kitted before sending work orders to the floor to be built.
- Collect status updates from production supervisors in preparation of daily production meeting
- Update current status on the MPS and operations dashboard in preparation of daily production meeting
- Report out production statuses in production meeting
Ensure all work is ready for production by the line start date.
- Develop staffing plans based on current and future workload
- Verify all parts are present and part shorts are addressed ahead of line start
- Schedule use and warranty work
Manage production related information for part numbers in the ERP system.
- Create and maintain routings for all make parts.
- Enter and maintain part specific information in Sage that is needed for production.
- Coordinate the ECO implementation into the MPS
All other duties are performed as necessary.
Prior Experience (preferred):
- 2-4 years of production planning.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Tech Savvy-Software knowledge: MS Office, SAGE or another Enterprise Resource Management and MPS software experience
- Superior communication skills and ability to instantly build rapport
- Organized, self-disciplined and quick learner
- Must be a highly successful in administrative support
- Ability to communicate effectively with DM coworkers and customers
- Organized-Utilizes an organizational system that works
- Physical job requirements for 8-hour shift
- Sedentary – sit a majority of shift
- Use computer, mouse and hands
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines
- Independent problem-solving abilities
Exhibit Diamond Company Values:
- Integrity – act with courtesy and honesty to internal and external customers
- Team Player – willingly learn and follow DM operating procedures
- Excellence – be available and on time for all shifts, meetings and commitments
- Leadership – initiate solutions for product and process improvements
Diamond Mowers is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.