- Plan, directs, coordinates, executes and controls activities of production department in processing manufacturing products applying knowledge of production methods, predetermine schedules, processes, machines and equipment.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review production work orders to ascertain product data, such as types quantities and specifications of parts and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, with given priorities & sequences for manufacturing parts utilizing work center loads, open sales order report and expedite list as well as knowledge or production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and staffing requirements.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures. Training must be documented.
- Ensure that all employees work in a safe manner and maintain clinically clean housekeeping.
- Ensure all process procedures are followed and properly documented.
- Ensure all work order requirements are followed and properly documented.
- Requisition in writing all necessary shop supplies, tooling, etc.
- Inform production control immediately and try to forecast new finish date if job is pulled out of production for any reason.
- Strive to improve through put per man hour continuously.
- Ensure that all safety and housekeeping rules are followed and adhered by self and staff.
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises employees in Production. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- At least ten years’ experience in manufacturing, scheduling, materials planning, inventory control or procurement with knowledge of departmental terminology, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) requirements, shop orders, flow materials and paperwork. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Work Environment and Demands
- Spends 100% of time in the shop. Standing 90% of the time.
- May be exposed to possible hazards such as heavy equipment, noise and fumes while visiting shop.
We are CDI Energy Products, your global custom-engineering specialists. With strategic locations around the globe, we provide critical solutions, on time and to your specification, anywhere in the world. Our energy clients rely on us to manufacture components with tight tolerances and deliver them faster than anyone else in the industry. They also partner with us to engineer custom seals and components to meet the most extreme challenges. Our materials, design, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities provide a reliable, responsive resource for success, whatever the challenge. And our compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 underscore our commitment to quality and our dedication to health, safety, and the environment.
We are committed to attracting and developing dedicated and skilled people. Our customers’ challenges are complex, and we need people who are problem solvers. We believe in giving our employees the skills to succeed. That’s why we offer career development and mentoring programs designed to help employees advance in their careers and grow professionally within our organization. We provide on-the-job training, internal and external training courses, and continued learning reimbursement.
CDI Energy Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
CDI Energy Products is a drug-free workplace.