Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the plant in order to meet business objectives and has overall responsibilities for ensuring production volumes, manufacturing processes, team development, product quality, food safety, regulatory compliance, continuous process improvements, manufacturing costs, employee safety and morale.
The Production Manager will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with strict quality requirements. The Production Manager will work closely with the production planner, logistics and purchasing to ensure customer requirements are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Provide direction, leadership and management to production and sanitation teams in support of the Company’s mission
-Manage and supervise plant department managers. This includes hiring and training of direct management reports, providing direction and guidance, coaching and guidance, as well as conducting personnel evaluation and discipline related matters.
-Responsible for the decision making, direction and coordination of the efficient processing of our products.
-Plan with members of the Executive Management team to maximize profits and return of investments, and to fulfill our customer demands while managing overall labor costs.
– Analyze and recommend long term plans for improvement and capacity, assess and recommend equipment improvement and replacement, methods and process improvements.
-Create and maintain a safe environment in all plant operations and enforce Company policies.
-Manage production efforts, internally and with marketing/sales, finance and administration, engineering and human resource departments, in the development and implementation of profit-oriented programs.
-Responsible for controlling plant operation costs and budgeting.
-Create and develop documentation of all plant operating procedures and policies.
-Ensure high performance in efficiency, accuracy and quality in all plant departments.
-Develop or introduce new program(s) for the advancement and utilization of innovative methods, manufacturing techniques, processes and systems, and develop and implement training for plant employees on the new program in order to increase plant productivity.
-Promote a safe and healthy work environment, monitor and keep the Company in compliance with local, state and federal regulations dealing with environment, safety and health regulations, particularly those dealing the EPA and OSHA.
-Monitor workplace injuries, creating an action plan to avoid further injuries and maintain low workers compensation costs.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Highly organized, committed to follow through, enthusiasm and motivation
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment;
· A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related plant management experience; or equivalent combination of education and related plant management experience is required. A minimum of five years’ experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred. Six Sigma, Lean, and/or Kaizen experience preferred.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (AS APPROPRIATE FOR THE POSITION)
· Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.);
· Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time;
· Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk;
· Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment;
· Close vision required for computer usage;
· Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Food Production: 5 years (Required)
- Production Management: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative