DENSO Manufacturing North Carolina, Inc., a Japanese Company, has an exciting career opportunities for the following position. As a worldwide leader in the manufacture of DC motors for the automotive industry, we are seeking team players to join our company in Statesville, NC.
Responsible for planning, development, and supervision of projects requiring intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principle and practices in the selection and / or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in a broad area of assignments; with a concentration in Molding. They must be capable of writing machine specifications.
- Process Capability, Capacity Planning and Kaizen Improvements
- Determine Future Equipment requirements and write machine specifications. Completely manage outside suppliers in order to meet Project Milestones.
- Assist with evaluating potential vendors, equipment makers, and services to meet required specifications.
- Investigate in-house manufacturing problems and recommend countermeasures.
- Research, develop, and test long term improvement ideas.
- Generate reports to clearly explain issues and / or results.
- Ability to read, trouble shoot, modify, and write PLC Ladder Logic.
- Working with Robotics, Vision Systems, and Laser Programming a plus.
- Mechanical Aptitude required.
- Insure documentation meets IATF16949 and ISO9001.
- Maintain and generate process control plan specifications and process failure mode and effect analysis documentation.
- Maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Project Management – coordinate, schedule, and execute individual and multi-departmental projects plans, including full line implementation and start up. Fully understand project management and gate reviews with corresponding milestones and deliverables
- Completely understands engineering documentation such as PCP, PFMEA and Work Instructions.
- Can coordinate and perform trial runs and accurately gather data and perform CpK studies.
- 3D design in Solidworks for robot end effectors a plus
- Coordinate machine installations with internal and external vendors (riggers, utility, shipping etc).
- Support Production and QA/QC with 5-Why and Root Cause Analysis on quality issues
- Requires effective communication and involvement with all internal associates/departments and related outside resources
- Requires teamwork and participation of company activities such as IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and Employee Involvement
- Be capable of mentoring younger engineers and help grow their skills through OJT.
- Plant layout modifications in AutoCAD a plus (change plant layout for new incoming machinery)
Minimum Qualifications for the Job:
- Requires a college degree and some previous experience in manufacturing engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Must have training for problem solving (including 5WHY) and PFMEA.
- Note: Must have certificates of training or attend internal classes within one year of hire date.
- Must be able to effectively communicate problems / processes in both written and oral formats.
- Must have investigative and analytical skills in order to evaluate and make recommendations.
- Must have a working knowledge of all standard engineering principles.
- Must be able to prepare presentations and present to Management level.
- Must be able to understand Accounting/Business side of Production to make sound business decisions
- Requires constant standing 8-12 hours per day
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to apply up to 66 lbs push/pull force unassisted.
- Must be able to reach overhead.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Summary of Job Responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 1 year (Required)