Umbra Cuscinetti, Inc., (UCI) is the U.S. base for the Italian-owned UmbraGroup, a visionary operation revolutionizing motion solutions in aerospace, industrial and energy markets. Umbra has been designing and manufacturing precision ball screws and high precision components for the aerospace industry for over 45 years. Worldwide it now supports 18 global aircraft manufacturers and over 60 military, commercial, regional, and business jet aircraft programs. UCI specializes in design engineering, gear manufacturing and complex assemblies for a worldwide clientele.
This is a temporary full time position and a great opportunity for those who want to build professional work experience using Microsoft Office applications. We are looking for someone with great interpersonal skills and tech-savviness and enjoys analytic work, because this position requires daily communications with multiple departments and data management.
The Production Control Coordinator supports successful daily planning/scheduling/execution of production control. The role facilitates daily Inchstone meetings, maintains updated information in the Inchstone Project and provides data analysis, alerts and updates with internal stakeholders daily. He/she may support the MRP automation process. Embraces and exemplifies the Umbra Group values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize Twice-A-Daily Inchstone Meetings.
- Continue building and improving the existing Inchstone Management program
- Validate and analyze bill of material (BOM) requirements and customer demands based on sales order and forecast in the ERP system.
- Update and maintain the status of Inchstone activities.
- Communicate flow status and alert to responsible team members.
- Follow up with responsible team members for updates.
- Produce reports as requested.
- Support Production Control Scheduling as needed.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Technology savviness
- Problem solving/analytical thinking.
- A.A. in any general studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Dynamics or any ERP system knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Draw, analyze and interpret data into graphical representations, such as a bar graph or pie chart.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical equipment. The noise levels are frequently moderate to loud. Safety glasses and safety shoes (steal toed) are required throughout the shop floor. Hearing protection is recommended in certain areas.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb/balance/kneel, reach, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, with assistance. Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time. Specific vision required include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, focus adjustment.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 425.405.3500.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. We are a Drug Free Workplace.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement.