Essential Job Functions
- Daily responsibilities include scheduling, modifying and monitoring production mainframe jobs, completing daily and weekly balancing procedures, modifying JCL as requested by programmers.
- Monitors automated and manually submitted job schedules in support of multiple clients to ensure completion and timely production of work.
- Troubleshoots basic errors related to batch processing and works to improve productivity.
- Participates in testing new batch processes to ensure productivity is not adversely affected. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Implements operating procedures and timely documentation of procedures; ensures implementation is in accordance to standard operating procedures and follows same; escalates errors as appropriate.
- Prepares for and participates in daily status reviews. Forwards status reports to clients and management.
- Provides technical and administrative support required for batch failures, late critical batches, and SRTs.
- 3+ years or experience with IBM mainframe job control language (JCL) is required
- Experience working with mainframes, mainframe and midrange scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experience working with system job control language
- Knowledge of Computer Associates JobTrac software for scheduling and monitoring production mainframe jobs is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Basic communication skills
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment – candidate must be located in the area of Baton Rouge, LA
- Must be available alternating weekends to support production weekly cycle