DANCO PRODUCTS – Greencastle, PA
Danco Products is a leading manufacturer of Towing and Hauling Equipment. The team of professionals at Danco designs a product with the operator in mind. Incorporating customers’ ideas into the kind of product that maneuvers with ease and efficiency is
JOB TYPE: Full Time – 1st. Shift 7am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
Hours per week:
- 45 Hours
JOB LOCATION: Greencastle, PA 17225
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Assemblers are responsible for safely assembling towing and hauling equipment by following detailed instructions from supervisors and trainers. These assemblies vary in size and require the use of a variety of mechanical, electrical, and manual tools. The employees must be able to read blue prints, layouts, and instructions. They must maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto trucks utilizing power equipment and wrenching techniques.
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using a variety of measuring tools.
- Cut, fit, bend, and adjust parts for fit or function as directed.
- Drill, ream or tap holes for mounting or clearance as directed.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, and fasteners.
- Pull and run cables, wires, harnesses and hoses throughout the truck.
- Test hydraulics, electrical, and final assembly quality checks.
- Operate pneumatic and power tools
- Operate a torch, plasma cutter, grinder, sander to cut and shape parts.
- Sort, inspect, and pick the correct parts for the assembly process.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to complete tasks.
- Operate overhead crane to move frames and components to be assembled.
- Assemble parts correctly. Show attention to detail and pride in doing one’s job well.
- Prepare assembled products for shipment.
- Perform inspections of assembled pieces and ensure they are compliant.
- Check and review check lists, work orders, and schedules.
- Assist co-workers with heavy lifting of parts.
- Work overtime as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- May assist in training new employees.
- Train and work in various areas of assembly in response to production demands.
- Move to other departments/areas to assist with an assembly project.
- Regular attendance required.
- Apply and respect all occupational health and safety regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Tolerate constant standing for the entire shift.
- Individually lift and manipulate parts/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to demonstrate full range of motion: twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Perform tasks in a loud environment.
- Hear alarms and other co-workers.
- Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions.
- Will be exposed to extreme heat and cold depending on weather.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Previous experience with basic hand tools, wrenches and air tools.
- Maintain at own expense all hand and small power tools required to perform work assignments.
- Strong safety-orientation.
- Requires the use of simple arithmetic and measuring instruments such as caliper, scale and measuring tape.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS TO COMPLETE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience.
- Previous hydraulic and/or wiring experience beneficial.
- Basic blue print reading skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Steel-toed shoes or composite shoes
- Safety glasses
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Production Bonus
- Waiting period may apply.
- Only full-time employees eligible.
Please stop in Monday-Friday from 8am-3:30pm and fill out an application and possibly be interviewed on the spot.
We are located at 411 South Cedar Lane, Greencastle, PA 17225
Danco Products, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place