Product Owner – Customer Service
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
At ResMed, the Customer Service Product Owner plays the essential role of key stakeholder for the Customer Service platforms and software systems that support the rest of the business. The Customer Service Product Owner assists in the development and vision for the platform products and systems, and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team and to the business as a whole. The Customer Service Product Owner is then responsible for the platform product and system features from concept to EOL. This position understands and coordinates the initiative backlog for all releases for the platforms and systems, and their dependencies on each other.
The Customer Service Product Owner works with architects, business partners, and internal customers to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each release. The Customer Service Product Owner is responsible for the design, usability, quality, and delivery of each platform product or system. The Customer Service Product Owner drives priorities and design decisions, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development life-cycle, under direction from the Vice President – Operations. The Customer Service Product Owner understands both the technical and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
The Customer Service Product Owner represents the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities:
- Works with customers to understand their needs – from order to shipment
- Work closely with Business Partners to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI
- Creates and communicates the Customer Service vision, strategy and road map
- Generates a high-level release plan
- Facilitate design workshops and ongoing interaction with key stakeholders to determine detailed requirements.
- Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts on team to transition the business requirements to technical requirements.
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Collaborates with the team to develop and deliver the work by being present in daily sprint ceremonies as necessary to facilitate quality and speed of delivery.
- Ensure full trace-ability of requirements.
- Shares and communicates their feedback effectively to ensure successful delivery by the development team.
- Works with customers to review releases and adjust development accordingly
- Act as a focal point for internal customers to address with new work and/or concerns about products or delivery.
- Actively supports the business with progress updates and metrics
- Manage partnerships with external vendors
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Effective and groomed backlog
- Clear defined Acceptance Criteria per feature
- Effective Agile Processes (Scrum and Agile Hybrid) and Cross Functional communication
- Efficient Delivery of Services (Speed, Quality)
- Efficient and Effective Solution Delivery Process
- Promote Continuous Improvement
- At least 1 year of experience in a product owner role or technical product owner role
- 4+ years’ Information Technology experience, preferably in with a focus on supporting Customer Service functions: Customer Service and Distribution.
- Experience working in an agile development.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to acquire additional system/technical knowledge as needed
- Willingness to acquire additional business knowledge as needed
Willingness to collaborate with global teams
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with Genesys PureCloud and/or Amazon Connect
- Experience with Workforce Management tools
- Experience with Speech Analytics
- Experience with other customer service tools
Works in an office environment
Some travel required
- Collaboration across multiple sites in multiple time-zones around the world required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
- All listed duties, requirements and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Okay, so what’s next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.